Chapter 16

TW: graphic descriptions of using drugs that is not meant to romanticize the subject.

I also chuckled along with him and first now he noticed me. After spotting me, he rolled his eyes and walked inside again, not forgetting to slam the door.

---

Jungkook's pov.

He slammed the door shut and looked over at Areum who was laying naked and sideways, tapping on her hips.

"Need a hit?" She asked him and he answered yes.
Walking away from the bed, she walked over to her bag and fished out a bag with a fine white powder in it.

The two poured the powder out on a book on his coffee table, not that he read books. He shaped the powder into small white lines before sniffing them with a rolled up dollar bill and then Areum also took a line.

"You know, I'm worried for you, Jungkook." She said as he took the dollar bill from her hand. "Why? I'm doing fine."

Areum shook her head, "No, you aren't. Your addiction is worsening. I worry about you, Jungkook."

He looked down at the thin, white lines with a guilty expression. She was right.
Jungkook's addiction had worsened over the last couple of months.

It was no longer a desire to take them, it'd had become a requirement for him to function on a daily basis.
He truly was addicted to them now.

"What about the promise you made to your younger sister? Didn't you promise her you'd at least try to stop? I mean, what will your parents think?"
"That's why they'll never find out." His eyes darkened at her.

"Okay, this is the last time I'm gonna give you drugs, Jungkook. You hear me?" Areum looked him in the eyes.

"Come on Areum, don't do this to me..."
"I'm sorry but it's for your own good, so enjoy your last line."

He smiled apologetically at her before snorting up the last line.

He leaned back, enjoying the 10 seconds of numb- and nothingness. 10 seconds...
Only 10 seconds... He frowned,
the euphoric experience was starting to become shorter and shorter and when the feeling started to fade, he found himself craving the numb feeling even more.

That's what he loved about it, that one numb feeling that took everything away, even if it was just for a couple of seconds. Even for just a moment.

Jungkook let out a moan and wiped the dust off his nose tip before leaning in to kiss Areum.

Ah, beautiful and elegant Areum. A woman in her early thirties, 33 he believed she was but that didn't matter.
She had beautiful black hair at a medium long length, with obsidian like eyes as deep as the deepest part of the ocean. She truly was the definition of a true beauty. Jungkook was definitely attracted to her, just not emotionally.

All he wanted to do to her was fuck her brains out. Jungkook did believe in love, he did truly believe that someone out there was destined to save him from his own demons. He just hadn't met her yet.

In attempt to remove the bad aura from the room, Jungkook said something,
"Want me to eat you out?" He smirked.
She said yes and he started to kiss her long, slender and pale neck.

"Fuck baby, you're so good for me." She moaned, leaning into the grey couch. He smiled as he admired the hickeys he had marked her with.

"Fuck, you're so fucking hot, Areum." He breath out loud before he put her over his shoulder and threw her elegant and curvy frame on the bed.

---

Y/N's pov.

We both broke into an obnoxiously loud laughter when he slammed the door shut. I couldn't help but to snort which made Tae laugh even harder.
"You're amazing, Tae." I smiled at him.

He stopped laughing and looked into my eyes rather fondly. "Why thank you."

---

"Really? No way." I looked impressed at him, not believing his story.
"I'm telling you, it's true." He smiled and took a bite of his belgian waffle.

"Uh uh, I refuse to believe it." I laughed.
"I'm not kidding." He put his hand over mine.

Taehyung was busy telling me about the time him, Jimin and Jungkook went camping and a snake bit Jungkook's butt so they had to go to the hospital and make sure it wasn't poisonous.

"What is the deal with Jungkook anyway? Why is he so rude?" I regretted asking when I noticed his mood darken a bit.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ask-"
"No, it's okay," He smiled apologetically.
"It's a whole ordeal but basically there something about Jungkook that was supposed to be the heir to the Jeon's fortune but they chose Jennie instead and that sat with him and he just kind of gave up after that. Started taking drugs and hanging out with the wrong people,"

He shrugged before taking another bite.
"It's a whole thing and it really messed him up mentally. So now he does everything he can to distract himself from the thoughts."

"I'm sorry to hear that." It seemed that he used drugs and women as a way to cope with his trauma.
It couldn't have been easy having to go through that and a part of me was extremely curious about Jungkook now.

He seemed... I didn't know how to describe it. He seemed.... broken?
I wanted to ask more questions and get more information about him but I ultimately decided not to ask any further about him.

Though I have to be honest, since Taehyung told me, Jungkook's depressing story still lingered in the back of my mind.

"Wow. That was a good waffle, wasn't it?" He smiled.

"Yeah, it was super delicious." I rubbed my belly in satisfaction.

"Wanna go on a walk? just for a little bit." He asked and I nodded yes.
"Okay then." He smiled and grabbed my hand before standing up.