Chapter 46

TW: Very brief description of using drugs

'I love you, Jungkook. I've loved you for such a long time.' That's what I wanted to tell him in the moment as his forehead pressed against mine, eyes closed.

'I love you, Jeon Jungkook. I love you so much, it hurts me so much.'

That was what I wanted to say but somehow couldn't. I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth, no matter how much I tried to say it.

I could feel his soft breath on my soft lips, making me tremble slightly as I still could vividly remember the touch of his even softer lips on mine. How did he still have this effect on me?

I was caught off guard when he chuckled slightly at me.
"What are you doing to me, Y/N?"

The tall man was quick to pull away from me when he heard creaking noises coming from the stairs.

And as expected, Jennie walked in alongside a woman with a white lab coat on. "Y/N, this is Dr. Kang and she's going to be checking your nose." The woman, Dr. Kang, just smiled before walking over to me, so Jungkook sat up and walked out of the room.

"Is it okay if I touch nose a little bit?" She asked and I nodded so she put on some blue gloves.

I instantly winced when the woman put pressure on my nose.

---

"Yup, it's definitely broken but since it's not too bad, you won't be needing a splint just some painkillers and some antibiotics. I'll prescribe you some for 3 weeks and if it's not getting any better, you'll need to get medical help again. Any other questions?" She smiled softly.

My best friend looked over and I shook my head. "No, that'll be all." She smiled back at the doctor.

"Then I'll take my leave."

"Don't worry, I'll follow you down." With that, they left.

Not even 5 seconds later, Jungkook entered the room and sat down next to me. "What did she say?"

I immidiately straightened up before talking, "That my nose is broken and I'll be on some medicine."

"That's good to know." He nodded.
"Hey, when Jennie's asleep do you wanna maybe sleep down in my room?" He awkwardly looked everywhere but at me as he scratched his neck.

I smiled at his newfound shyness.
"I'd love to." I smiled with my whole heart at him.

I could tell that he was relieved as his shoulders loosened up a bit.

Was he..... nervous?

Because of me.....?

Looking me deeply into my eyes, he smiled, revealing his beautiful bunny-like teeth.

How was he so beautiful?

"Hey Jungkook, can you drive me down to the pharma-" Jennie immidiately froze when she walked in.

"I was checking out her nose." He was quick to stand up and kept a distance between the two of us.

"Oh..." She looked visibly confused and taken back but ended up smiling anyway.

Something's wrong.

Something's definitely wrong.

"I'll just go." The man didn't wait for a response, he just left the bedroom.

---

He practically ran down the stairs and to his own private room, his playroom.
When he entered the room, he shut the door and sat down on the couch.

"Holy shit." He sighed as he pulled back his hair. Jennie almost caught him.
It was close, too close.....

Suddenly remembering what layed in his pocket, Jungkook pulled out a small bag of pastel pink pills.
He briefly admired them, the way they made him feel, so he popped one into his mouth.

---

Jungkook's body was laying sprawled on his couch, his head hanging over the couch arm.

His pupils were dilating in and out as he stared up at the white ceiling, Slipknot blasting in the background.

It was probably pretty loud but Jungkook didn't seem to notice it as he was way too caught up thinking about something or rather... someone.

"Y/N..." He mumbled under his breath.
He was never going admit it but he thought about her a lot, as in A LOT.

When he thought about her, he thought about her smile, her laugh, her face, her everything.

He didn't like her, no not at all, that's what he told himself.

Jungkook didn't like nor love anyone, he thought he couldn't...

Honestly, Jungkook was still shaken up by earlier, how Jennie had almost caught them.
Jungkook knew that Jennie would resent Y/N forever if she found out what they had been doing behind her back.

Jungkook knew that he was going to suffer but it was ultimately Y/N that was going to suffer the most. After all, Jennie and Jungkook were siblings, they were always going to be connected, but Y/N...
Jennie could throw her away like it was nothing.

And he hated the thought of that.
It wasn't her that was the only player in their game.

But in that moment, he realized something important. He had to stop it before it was too late.

Now he knew what to do...

---

By now, Jennie was fully asleep so I sneaked down to Jungkook's room.

*Knock knock knock knock*
I

was beyond excited and couldn't contain my smile.

But he didn't respond, that's weird...

So I knocked on the bedroom door once again but still... no response.
"Jungkook?"

I put my ear against the door to see if I could hear anything. Nothing.
Knocking three times, I started getting confused and worried.

Was he ignoring me?

"Jungkook, please don't ignore me. Did I do something wrong? Please tell me if I did, so I can make it up to you. Please Jungkook..."

I think he was...

"Okay then, I-I'll just go..."

So I walked away. Not even halfway up the stairs, I broke down crying.
He doesn't like me anymore, not that he ever did.

I told you, you're not enough.
You never will be.

Even more tears fell down my cheeks at that statement.

What was I expecting to happen?
I knew from the start he'd throw me away as soon as he was done with me.

When I had calmed down, I made my way up to Jennie's room and went to sleep, hoping I'd feel better the next day.

Little did I know, Jungkook was leaning up against the door, deeply regretting his decisions.