Chapter 32

As he started to pull my underwear to the side, a thought struck me.

What about Jennie?

What about Jennie?!

The thought of Jennie hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Jungkook stop, j-july." I eagerly said to him.

Jungkook immediately stopped what he was doing, looked confused at me and pulled my underwear back, before asking, "What's wrong?"
"What about Jennie?"

"What about her?" Now he was even more visibly confused.
"I'm so sorry Jungkook but I can't, I can't do that to my best friend." I mumbled nervously, not wanting to disappoint him.

He furrowed his eyebrows together but then he smiled slightly.

"That's totally fine and understandable. You have your limits." He smiled apologetically.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook." I looked down at the bed.

"Please don't be sorry, you don't owe me anything." With that out of the way, I gathered myself, got up and walked out of the room, feeling too ashamed to look back at Jungkook.

As I walked up the stairs, a thought struck me.

Whatever you do, don't tell Jennie, You'll end up losing her if you tell.

I couldn't help but to feel ashamed of myself, I had just violated my friendship with Jennie, all because of her brother and it was all my fault.

You're disgusting, Y/N. So fucking disgusting. And yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself, you disgusting pig.
No good friend would ever try to sleep with their best friend's older brother.
You're a fucking pig for this.

I carefully grabbed on to the railing as the thoughts ran free in my mind.
But they were right, they were fucking right. I truly was a disgusting pig for trying to be together with Jungkook when Jennie told me when she specifically not to.

I was so ashamed of myself over what I had done. I had really fucked up now.

Before I even realized it, I was already standing in front of Jennie's room so I walked inside.

"Where were you?" Jennie crossed her arms as she sat on her own bed.

Tell her the truth. Tell her the truth. Tell her the truth. Tell her-

"Uhm toilet, I mean b-bathroom." I practically stumbled over my own words.

Goddammit, Y/N.

"Really?" She raised her one eyebrow.
"Actually, I was having some problems, stomach problems." I rubbed my stomach gently to better sell the lie.

"Oh..." She was slightly taken back by my answer. "I'm sorry for antagonizing you like that." She looked me right in the eyes.

"All better now?"

"Hmh." I nodded.

"Good, I'll just go back to sleep. Goodnight."

She hid her smaller frame underneath the covers and went back to sleep.
I was quick to turn off the lights and get under the covers before falling asleep but before I could possibly fall asleep, millions of thoughts ran through my head.

Jungkook must be so incredibly annoyed and disappointed in you. You promised that you would do it with him but, of course, you had to go and break it.

I couldn't help it but to start crying silently. They were right, I was truly a disgusting person, especially as a friend.

But I still couldn't tell her about what I did, or she'd immediately drop me as a best friend.

But right now, what the hell could I do about it? So instead of pondering more about it, I tried to fall asleep but it was harder than I had initially expected it to be.

Those same thoughts kept running through my head, too many all at the same time.
But eventually, I did end up falling asleep.

---

*Beep beep beep beep!*

I groaned at the annoyingly loud machine as it continued to make noise.

"Jennie, make it shut up." I whined to my close friend.

"I'm too tired." She whined as well, pushing her face into the pillow.

After a while and being fed up with the clock, she smashed the off button on it.

"Thank God." I mumbled silently under my breath as I got up to put on some fresh clothes from Jennie's fashionable walk-in closet.

When I had found an outfit I liked and that fit me well, Jennie and I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

When we came down, I almost immediately noticed Jungkook sitting at the kitchen island, eating cereal.

I was quickly looked away and followed right behind Jennie.
As Jennie rummaged through the massive refrigerator, she noticed that there wasn't any milk, "Shoot, we're all out of milk but don't worry, I'll go get us some. Is that alright, Y/N?"
"Hmh." I nodded and she walked out of the kitchen.

Shoot, now I have to be alone with him-

"Just in case you were wondering, it's completely okay that you backed out last night. You don't owe me anything at all."

"Thank you for being so understanding.
It really means a lot to me."
"It's nothing."

"One thing I don't excactly understand is why you're suddenly so kind to me.
I don't mean to be rude though."

"Taehyung and Jimin were right. You see, I think I have a tendency to be kind of... rude. Yeah, rude to other people I'm not close to. Ever since I was rude to you, I realized how bad it actually was, and I wanted to be able to change that.
I'm sorry for how rude I was to you, it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings."

"Oh... I understand and it's totally fine." I waved my hands at him and smiled rather softly.

Jungkook smiled and opened up his mouth to say something but was immediately interrupted by his own sister.

"I'm back with the milk."

He closed his mouth again, got up and put the white bowl in the sink before turning around to leave the kitchen.

I desperately watched his back as he left.
He's so fucking pretty, it hurts.
"Come sit down and eat with me," Jennie said as she chewed her cereal.
"After this, we're leaving for university."