Chapter 24

"And so I was thinking of asking her out- Y/N, are you listening to me?"

"Ye- what?" I straightened my back up and looked at my best friend.
"What did you say?" I rested my head on my hand.

"I said, I was thinking of asking her out." "Who out?"
"Aha! You weren't listening. As I said, I wanted to ask out Joy, my crush. Would a date in a bowling alley sound good?"
"You're a millionaire's daughter, take her out on a date at the fanciest restaurant.
That's shows you're dedicated."

"I don't know..."

But I wasn't listening, all I could think about was Jungkook and our conversation that put us closer together.

"You seem distracted, what are you thinking about." I couldn't tell her that I was thinking about her hot brother so I told her something else.

"Just thinking about date ideas. You know what, maybe going bowling doesn't sound as bad as I initially thought."

"I know right? It sounds like fun." She playfully pushed my shoulder.
"Yah! That hurt." I whined.

When I rubbed the spot she'd hit, the teacher walked in and the lecture started.

---

"We're here!" Jennie sang as she walked outside and closed the door behind her.
I carefully exited the black car along with the others.

"Wah, I'm so excited to play." Nina stretched her arms up in the air.
"Me too." Soyeon added.

Jennie had grown up and asked Joy on a date, a date in a bowling club. We were there so it wouldn't too awkward and to make it like a friendly date.

Well I was kind of when I said that Jennie had grown up. She'd only asked her to hang out.

"Well look who's here." Jennie put her hands on her waist.

I looked at where she was looking and to my surprise, it was Jungkook with two of his best buddies, Jimin and Taehyung, chilling with their own bowling lane, laughing and hanging out.

When heard her face, Jungkook turned around only to sigh at the sight of his annoying sister.

"What are doing here?"

"I'm on a dat- chilling with my friends. What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? The same as you, you moron." He slapped his forehead.

"Hey Nina!" Jimin blushed but Nina was too distracted to notice him. She was busy gawking over Jungkook and his outfit, so was I.

 She was busy gawking over Jungkook and his outfit, so was I

He looked like a greek God in that outfit.
"Maybe we can play together." Joy looked at us.

"I'd love that." Soyeon responded and Nina walked down to their lane and sat down.... right besides Jungkook.

I could feel the pit of anger growing bigger in my stomach.

Jennie went up to the desk and asked to put our groups together.

Joy sat down and started to converse with the others. Jennie walked up to her crush and gave her a ball.

Jennie blushed at her crush, "Here." She quickly looked away.
I walked over to them and sat next to Tae.

After Joy knocked down a couple of bowling pins, it was Nina's turn.
"I haven't done this in years." She laughed.

She let go of the ball and it only hit one pin, so Jungkook walked up to her, got right behind her and got a hold of the ball.

"You're doing it wrong." He laughed at how bad she was.

The pit of anger growing even bigger in my stomach, I felt terrible for being jealous but I couldn't control myself.
It was like a little, green monster was me  from the inside and it was shallowing everything.

He put his hand over hers and bend over slightly before throwing it.
She hit every single pin and jumped out of pure happiness.

"Thank you, Jungkook."
"You're welcome." She hugged him tightly and to my surprise, he hugged her back.

It was good that had become more considerate and kind since he apologized but this didn't feel nice at all.
I sqeezed my thighs together before standing up.

"I have to the bathroom." I quickly left.
When i locked the door, I felt like crying again.

So I did, I cried 'till I couldn't cry anymore. Until my eyes were aching and completely red.

Why did I think I'd have a chance with him? He's too good for me, he deserves someone better, someone pretty and kind, someone like Nina.
Yeah, they both the best they can get, not me.

I washed my face clean with the water from the sink before walking.
It wasn't easy, especially when the first thing I saw was Jungkook and Nina laughing next to each other.

They seemed to be getting along with each other. I honestly hated myself for it, I hated how I was so jealous of my own friend.

I wanted to be happy for them but I just couldn't be, but then the tall male walked over to me.

"Come sit with me and let's talk." Taehyung smiled rather hypnoticly.
I looked over to Jungkook and Nina only to see them still laughing and talking.

I felt my heart clench at the sight but moved over to sit next to Taehyung.

As we talked about pretty much everything, I averted my gaze over to the couple who were still talking.
Right now, I wanted nothing more than to punch Jungkook right across the face for playing with my emotions like it meant nothing to him.

Of course, Jungkook had no idea that I liked him but it still hurt me.
How could he be so oblivious?
How could he be so stupid?
Couldn't he see how my heart ached for him?

"Y/N, you're out of focus again."
"Oh I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again." I smiled sheepishly at him.
"It's your turn." He gave me a ball and I threw it, getting a strike.

"Yes!" I smiled proudly to myself, I looked behind to see if Jungkook saw it but he didn't. He was too busy chatting with Nina.

Angry at myself for getting desperate, I walked outside, in need of fresh air.
Jennie was the only one who followed after me.

(Author note: Is that drama I smell?)