❸_A Different Thing

The more time passed, the more you would never have imagined that you would have a lot of fun! This place was certainly different from the academy, including all the people you had known; sure, you didn't imply that life would have been easier, but certainly much more rewarding.

And you could see that when you were in the company of those noisy marines; well, not all of them were and you were looking at the only one just as was drinking his beer.

You barely knew him, as your relationship was only superficial to your assignment at the camp, but you were sure Jason Kolchek was the most badass in there and that was definitely attractive...or it was just the alcohol in your veins which was talking.

《Don't you drink, Y/n?》  Nick caught you in the act and you turned your gaze in his direction, beside.

When he called you by your first name, you didn't say anything, as you started calling them the same way too.

《Of course Nick, I don't say no to a fresh glass!》  You answered by pouring the beer from the bottle to the glass and surprisingly left those present speechless.

《Noo you can't have done that...》  Nick put his hand in front of the face not believing what he had just seen.

Jason had also stopped to watch the scene and began to laugh repeatedly.

《What, I prefer to drink like this, what's wrong with that??》  You couldn't understand why both of them were looking at you with those weird faces and that made you drink your beer faster.

Not that it was your favorite, but was the only drink of the camp; moreover, you decided not to refuse it when the sergeant invited you to drink with them.

《Just too classy for us.》  Jason broke in, tired of hearing just the two of you talking.

《Eeh, that's not true and everyone knows that drinking from the glass makes beer more enjoyable, in addition to being able to clearly see its color in all its nuances...》  Then, you raised an eyebrow as you slowly crossed your legs in front of him, making your legs uncovered more.

《Don't be so silly, Lieutenant Kolchek!》  And so, you reached the table to fill yourself another glass of beer.

Maybe, the alcohol was making you talk like that, but you didn't notice at the time and Jason stared at you, crossing his arms as he sat with his legs apart on the chair.

《Stop doing that or you'll end up getting really drunk, little girl...》  He made a face and returned to focus on his half-empty bottle, after realizing you were making fun of him.

《Mmm, I think I'm not so little now...I don't need you at the training camp anymore, hehe.》  You gave a little laugh, obviously amused.

But Jason didn't seem very happy with that and had various reasons for calling you that; not only because you were younger than him, but also you were as tall as your shoulder and it was amusing for him to see you try to stay on his level, in a way, when you reached out to him...

Actually, it wasn't so bad to spend time with you, as long as you didn't bring out your worst and extremely proud side...that was what ruined everything.

Nick stood looking at both of you, he was happy to see Jason joking with you and that situation was the same one he felt when he exchanged glances with Rachel in the last period; honestly, he didn't really like others called her The Queen Bitch because of her position.

However, that peace came to an end when Jason glanced at his wrist watch.

《The break is over Nicky, we have to go now.》  The squad leader ruled rising from his chair and gestured to the friend doing the same.