❶❽_The Last Hope

《Hey guys!》

Unexpectedly for the two soldiers, who turned almost abruptly, you had raised your voice too much and without taking your eyes off what you had just found.

《You must see this!》

Jason and Salim joined your figure, standing and motionless, to see you hold just the head of one of those things in your hands.

《Do you see? No fangs.》  You started explaining  《I'm sure it's a vampire's...but I don't understand, where did they go?》

《Don't know, maybe at the dentist?》  Jason joked, but you just rolled your eyes at him, hoping instead for a more serious answer...fortunately, Salim thought about that after had started observing it.

《The bone is ruptured where they should be, as though smashed from the inside out...》  He said, getting a thoughtful expression from you and a confused one from Jason, who was wondering where the hell he had got that information in his brain just now.

《Wait. You're saying they...》

《Yes. Maybe these things weren't originally vampires...maybe they got infected.》

At that moment, Salim noticed your astonishment. Of course, thanks to your analytical skills, your head began to put everything you had collected in the right order, leaving nothing behind...

Gotcha! This is what turns humans and those creatures into vampires...how did I not think about it before??

You thought very confident. Of course, you needed to find out more to be sure, but you felt you were on the right track, the same one as Randolph Hodgson and the same one he had tried to destroy...but he hadn't succeeded and now your world was in serious danger of being invaded by what you thought it was. Nice shit!

《Hey...back down to earth Y/n.》  There, Jason shook a hand in front of your face and you responded just immediately.

《I see, there's no more time to waste! Let's go break those assholes' asses and save the world once and for all!》  You said with determination written on the face, before leaving that place with long steps...and a banned Jason/Salim.

《Damn, what's wrong with her now...》  After that conversation, it was clear that Kolchek wasn't understanding shit, and now your attitude had left him confused, as well as amused, but he got just a puzzled look from the other.

《I don't know, I was going to ask you the same thing just now...she's been "infected" by your questionable ways, little but sure, but they definitely make her much cooler than you...》  Salim turned to the marine with raised eyebrows and a satisfied smile, sure that the younger one wouldn't have understood his innocent joke.

《I swear man, if you don't stop right now I'll fucking leave you here.》  Jason threatened the Iraqi with a stern grin on his lips 《But yeah, with that stubborn temper of hers she can be really cool. And hateful sometimes, just like the first time I met her a month ago. But now–》

《Yes yes, you're "crazy 'bout her". You said it before, remember?》  Salim smiled teasingly and, just there, Jason refrained himself so much from harming him physically...

He would fucking leave him there sooner or later, sure as hell he would have done it, word of Jason Kolchek!

• • •

Just later, you, Jason and Salim stood staring at the shocking sight that rose and stretched for several meters in front of you.