❼_Isolation

A few moments later, Jason Kolchek got to his feet, not considering that he had just fallen for many meters underground.

That earthquake had definitely taken him by surprise, just like everyone else in that desert field, but when he had seen the little girl, his little girl, on the verge of falling down, he didn't hesitate to grab her...yet, he had failed and now he didn't know where the hell she was.

《Y/n!? Can you hear me?》 He said out loud hoping you were nearby, but all around him was shaking rock and sand.

He also tried to contact you over the radio several time, but without getting an answer.

Shit...how could I let her go... He thought guilty, almost on the verge of biting his tongue.

But that wasn't the time to lose his mind and, for now, he had no choice but to go ahead, until he found himself standing in front of what looked like a giant hall, with the statue of a large hand in the middle of it.

Of course, he couldn't help but wonder what kind of place he was in...but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard some footsteps and so he pointed the light in that direction, until he recognized a familiar silhouette.

《...that you, Nick?》

The sergeant walked up to him and Jason was relieved for a while to see his friend unharmed.

Now he discovered it wasn't a weapons silo, Jason told Nick what they needed to do: regroup with the rest of the squad and get back topside...
But his patience began to lose when he noticed the other wasn't listening to him.

《Sergeant Kay! Pull yourself together. Eyes wide!》

Shortly before, Nick had experienced Joey's death and that had certainly shaken him, but now he seemed to have seen something disconcerting, because he could hardly speak.

《...all good. Just wasn't expecting to suddenly fall into the fucking earth.》 However, he said nothing about it, taking that as just a bad joke of his eyes and when Nick came to his senses, he asked Jason what happened to you.

《What about Y/n, wasn't with you?》

《I lost sight of her when we fell.》 Jason's tone was more than firm, but Nick had clearly seen anger and concern in his friend's expression.

《You'll see man, we'll find her.》 Then, the sergeant put a hand on the lieutenant's shoulder, who stood staring at him with the rifle clenched in his hands.

《You can bet on it.》

Jason nodded confidently, but that wasn't enough to make him stop thinking about you...after that, the two marines set out to explore the area, until they found a closed high door.

But suddenly, the painful screams of Corporal Merwin caught their attention...and from that moment on, things would never be the same again, especially when their survival was put on trial from a new and unknown evil.

• • •

When you opened your eyes, you found yourself completely lying down on a mound of sand.
You started coughing repeatedly when you lifted your face, luckily not entirely immersed in that golden dust.

You slowly got on your knees, checking that you weren't injured; apart the sand all over you and some scratches, probably caused by the fall, you didn't have anything serious.

Before you could figure out where you were, a call from the radio gave you a chance to be located.

《-this is Officer Hale, can anyone hear me? Over.》 You rested your fingers on your left ear hoping for an answer...