❷❹_Always Faithful

Before you could return to your normal life, CENTCOM made sure none of you talked about this matter by making some sort of strictly confidential pact. In this way, your mission would've ended positively and all of you could finally go home without any other complications; well, it was easier said than done because you, Jason or the others could never forget the day you all had survived from the House of Ashes.

Once all the bureaucratic stuff was sorted out and all the documents were signed, you packed your things in the bag and crossed the Iraqi lands to reach the airport, along with your team; during the road, Rachel and Nick didn't stop teasing both you and the cap boy, until your faces were completely red with embarrassment...really, you prayed that none of them had heard your noises last night and avoided thinking about it so as not to be discovered.

At the airport, your group was separated during the checks and you ended up boarding alone; later, you saw Rachel and Nick sitting one behind the other, while Eric was somewhere and away from you, definitely you didn't want him to sit next to you or you two would've ended up arguing...but suddenly, another person stopped beside you and smiled when you saw your First Lieutenant.

After he had argued with the woman at the counter about getting the ticket he wanted, Jason had managed to get the seat next to you and as soon as he saw you, a big smile was printed on his face.

《May I sit here, missy?》  Jason asked pretending to be a stranger and you just did his game, of course.

《Well, I was waiting for someone but it doesn't seem like he's coming so...why not?》  You smirked placing a hand on the free seat next to you and although you're joking, Jason raised a suspicious eyebrow before sitting down.

《No shit, would you really have done that?》  He asked without stopping to stare at you, definitely he couldn't bear if another person-man took his place, but you just looked at him with an amused expression and Jason muttered something to himself, now clearly annoyed.

《Depends on what that jar-head of yours thinks...》  You tilted your head to peek at his bratty pout under the cap; Salim was right to call him a cutie, you thought holding back a chuckle.

《...I would've punched anyone who did, that's what I think.》  There, Jason's brown eyes returned to meet yours with a deep jealousy in them  《The only one who can get his ass on this fuckin' seat is me.》

When Kolchek barked that, your faces were inches apart and although he intended to be threatening, his expression just softened as he had your lips kissing his left cheekbone.

《Ooh don't worry Lieutenant, your nice ass is more than enough here.》  You replied with a sweet wink; suddenly, you placed a hand on his left thigh, which immediately made him stiffen but without making him react properly.

Or so he was trying to prove himself in front of you.

《Damn Y/n, if you don't stop teasin' me right now...》  Jason grumbled lowly, as he took your hand in his palm and lowered his head towards you to silence that bold mouth of yours once and for all.

But, as your lips were about to meet, the stewardess' voice began to talk from the speaker to warn all passengers of the imminent departure, forcing you to postpone the kiss.

The flight lasted about 12 hours and although it was so much, you didn't get bored like you were on the outward journey, not when you had a guy like Jason Kolchek sitting next to you...you two talked, joked, kissed and slept on each other's shoulder to support you, just like you had done for all those tiring days. And when you could, you enjoyed the sight of the southern boy asleep next to you peacefully, without letting go of his bigger hand gripping yours.