❶❻_Two Sides, same Coin

With their noisy footsteps, Jason and Salim followed you inside a large hall, once again illuminated by the artificial lights that the group of archaeologists had previously equipped for their research; you walked around a bit, looking for something useful that could make you better understand what happened to them...and that it could free you from your painful memories, just surfaced with the words you had used a few minutes earlier.

I shouldn't have talked to Jason like that, especially if he doesn't know a thing about my life outside of here...

You thought as you searched for him, hidden behind a stone pillar with innocent eyes, hoping he wasn't somehow mad at you. On the other side, Kolchek aimed his weapon left and right to illuminate dark corners with the rifle, making sure there was nothing suspicious...his eyes were focused on exploring the new environment, never moving from his fighting stance, but often his head returned to think of a certain girl, so damn beautiful and stubborn, but definitely didn't know anything about her.

Maybe, Eric was right...I don't deserve her. This was his last and bitter thought, before proceeding to cross the room towards the back wall, where there was a large closed door.

For his part, Salim couldn't help but observe the growing tension between the two of you, worrying when he saw your sad face.

《Hey.》  He said softly as he approached you, who had the eyes on what looked like another kind of pit, but then you immediately blinked in his direction.  《How are you doing?》

《It could be better, but I'm okay for now. Thank you for asking Salim.》  During that, you gave him a genuine smile  《I really appreciate it...just like the fact that you're here, with us.》

You didn't know where the others were, or if they were okay, but knowing you were with Jason made you feel safe, along with Salim; no matter your differences, he had always tried to help you and you were truly grateful for that.

At that moment, Salim didn't know what to say, as he was left speechless this time; the more time passed, the more thought he had developed a certain affection for that young girl, that had showed she could be really enterprising and stubborn, just like him sometimes...but now, she seemed so thoughtful, maybe also vulnerable and that had to do with the marine a few meters away from them.

《...I'm glad to hear that. Thank you so much Y/n.》  Right there, Salim allowed himself to caress your left arm and the warmth he gave you relieved your sore muscles for a brief moment.  《I'll be here when you want to chat a little...about everything, of course.》

When you looked Salim in the eye, you understood that he was specifically referring to another person and you simply nodded, without removing the smile, which the Iraqi soldier tenderly returned at you...

But suddenly, that person appeared next to you two, grabbing Salim's forearm to break the physical contact between you two.

《Seems you like playin' around, huh?》  Without looking at you, Jason turned to the other man with a touchy smirk   《Then, go use your hands to push on that fuckin' door now.》

Apparently, he hadn't listened to the Iraqi's words in the least earlier...and Salim did nothing but free himself from his tight grip.

《Listen, Jason, I have no grievance or problems with you, but you have to stop treating people like they're garbage...》  He answered frankly, with his dark brown eyes fixed on the American.

At that point, Jason pushed him abruptly and away from him, making you jump.

《Look who's talking. You talk all great, but I bet you were the one who ordered your fuckin' men to open fire on us from that fuckin' mountain. Come on now, just tell me again that's not true...》