❶❼_All About Us

With every step you took, your connection with the reality around you vanished to such an extent that you no longer knew where you were; although they were open, your eyes saw nothing but Salim and Jason arguing, as if the war was never over...

Or that you were the one who started it again between them. Just like it had happened that day. At your house. Between you and your father.

And before he died.

You felt the same, bad feeling about it but you didn't want anything to happen to them...

《...》

But that didn't mean excluding you, of course.

《WATCH OUT!》

Suddenly, a voice made you wake up from your thoughts, as he grabbed your upper arm with a strong grip. There, you opened your eyes wide, gasping at the sight of a deep green chasm just below your feet.
Fortunately, your body moved to the opposite side of it, hitting Jason's with a small thud.

《Hey! You almost fell below, what the hell Y/n!》  He scowled at you with an almost frightened expression, trapping your eyes in his brown ones.

《I-I'm sorry I think I haven't seen it...》  You just replied, clearly unaware of the danger you were about to face.

The cap boy raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced. After the three of you passed the cavern and ended up into another one, Jason's attention immediately went to the elevator cable in the center of it, just above the chasm, from which a bright green light was emitting.
Both him and Salim doubted they had ever seen anything like it before, definitely out of any cognitive reach...so, it was curious for Jason not to hear any of your reactions about that and just when he turned, he saw you inexplicably walking towards the precipice.

《Be careful next time, okay?》  You nodded when Jason said that, who was exchanging some glances with Salim, without being able to say nothing at all; anyway, he kept staring at you even after Jason let you go, maybe to make sure you didn't play some other joke...

《That winch still looks functional.》  There, Jason pointed to the wooden mechanism, no doubt built by the explorers. Except the way you came from, there was no other passage than the one offered by the chasm.

But for the umpteenth time, Salim didn't seem to agree with his idea at all.  《You're crazy?! If those vampires come from anywhere, it's down there! You really want to fight them in their own home?》

In that moment, Jason turned to look the Iraqi in the eye and you did the same, but not for the same reason...apparently, you thought you heard something other than their voices.

《It's what I've been doing since I set foot in this country...》  But suddenly, Jason was interrupted by a deafening growl, which rang throughout the cave until it reached your ears.

《W-we can't stay here, we have to get out of here now!》  You shouted running to the elevator  《This is our only chance to survive!》

Eventually, Salim followed you and as he helped you activate the generator, Jason covered your backs, making sure no one approached as those monstrous screams grew louder and closer.

You waited impatiently for the cabin to go up and once inside, the two soldiers took care to close the doors, before starting the descent; of course, you didn't feel comfortable, especially when the cabin began to rock and you instinctively clung to the railing.

《What happened to you earlier?》  Salim couldn't help but ask you with some concern  《You were lucky he caught you just in time...how do you feel now?》