❺_Out of Place

Before long, the briefing would have started and you had followed Rachel's advice by going back to your barrack to change.

In addition to the uniform, you had brought other clothes and what you had under your eyes was definitely for you...
So, you wore a half-sleeved black high-necked top with a pair of black high-waisted cargo pants and combat boots; you adjusted the zig zag headband on your hair again and did a makeup lighter than before...well, after that thing with Jason, your lip gloss was almost completely off, anyway.

Even if you weren't used to such clothing, you had to admit that your appearance wasn't bad and maybe you would like that soldier mode.

Once ready, you went back to the briefing room, which was surprisingly fuller than when you left.
The Mailman 2-1 squad was already there and the first one to see you was Joey, who motioned for you to join them...but there was a moment of silence for Merwin, who took a while to realize it was you. Of course, you couldn't hold back a laugh.

In that moment, Jason and Nick also turned and both raised their eyebrows, clearly surprised.

《Woah, you look like a marine now, Y/n.》  The sergeant said, while the first lieutenant never stopped staring at you from head to toe.

《...what's wrong Lieutenant Kolchek, you don't like what you see?》  You said as you placed your fists on your hips and walked in his direction.

Your words caused the group to giggle, but Jason ignored them, going back to your cheeky attitude.

It was obvious that you were gorgeous, but he decided not to give it to you so easily, especially after you left him in that way.

《More than a marine, she looks like a bank robber.》  Then, the cap boy glanced at your chest, obviously devoid of an interceptor body armor and small supply bags; besides, your pants weren't camouflage and all that black was definitely wrong to him.

You rolled your eyes as he raised his chin with a smug smile.

《...a sexy robber, I'd say, she's definitely better than that other girl, ahaha!》  Merwin came to your side and Jason found himself forced to pull him away from you by placing himself between the two of you. He was clearly tired of seeing the corporal wandering around you.

But you raised an eyebrow.
Other girl? Who are you referring to–》

At that moment, you saw a trio in front of the giant central panel. A blond man and a brunette girl with a cap next to him was talking to Rachel.

《So, it's him Eric King.》  You said out loud.

《Do you know him?》  Jason asked you after hearing you call the lieutenant colonel with his full name.

《Not personally, I just looked at his profile on the computer.》  Then, you looked at the marine's face  《But I thought he was alone, who is she?》

《His assistant Dr. Stokes. She'll be part of the mission too.》  He just replied and this time it was your turn to be surprised.

《Oh, I see you've all made friends already! The only one missing is me then...》  You said sarcastically and Jason raised an eyebrow, not understanding your reaction.

《Who said you won't come with us anyway, we need a little girl to spank us when make mistakes, no?》

After that, you crossed your arms patiently; he didn't know why, but he found it really funny to tease you...

Then, you answered patting on his arm with some enthusiasm.

《Mpf, don't tempt me, Lieutenant.》

You stared intently into his brown eyes before turning around, when Rachel called her entire team to the center of the room.
There, Eric noticed you and even though he was wearing sunglasses, you could tell he was wondering who you were.