❷❸_The Path ahead of Us

Ouch!!

Suddenly, you grumbled the instant your butt touched the front seat of the off-road vehicle and there, you didn't hesitate to bend over a bit to massage the sore spot with a hand, no doubts what was the reason behind it...

But there was someone who, on the contrary, seemed to enjoy such a view.

《Need another hand for that, sweetheart?》

In that moment, Jason appeared next to you and sat down on the driver's side after he retrieved the key, though he didn't spare himself from teasing you and you did the same by giving him an annoyed look.

《No thanks, you've done enough...》  You just replied as you fastened the belt and made sure your pain subsided a little, ignoring his unnerving giggles.

《Seriously Jason, don't you wonder how he's doing after what we've been through?》  You asked, curious to hear what he thought about your idea of ​​going to meet Salim...

When you turned to look at him, he simply had his left hand on the steering wheel and his right elbow rested against your headrest; apparently, he didn't seem to be in the mood to hit the road looking for the Iraqi soldier, wherever he was...of course, you had managed to find his location and it wasn't very far from your current position.

But at this rate, it would've taken longer than you had thought and if your body wasn't so sore, you would've been driving now, ready to go!

Why did I ask him to come with me??

《...right now, I wonder why you're dying to see him so much.》  Jason snorted as he turned to look at you  《And I know what shit we've been through, but you really want to go and talk about the good times like old friends? What makes you think he wants to see us again, Y/n?》

《I don't see why not...maybe you don't remember Jason, but it was you who called him brother before shaking his hand so lovingly!》  You smiled in amusement when you said that and the cap boy couldn't help but roll his eyes, without however holding back a sly smile.

《Oh but never how I shake your lovely hips 'round me, baby!》  This time, he winked at you as he reached down to meet your gaze, until you placed a palm on his chest; definitely, you could clearly feel his pecs on the other side of his gray T-shirt's thin layer, the same ones that you had ardently felt against you, while your own body was melting along with his.

W-what the hell am I thinking about now!?

《J-just start this damn car and go!》  You stuttered trying to avoid eye contact with the lieutenant, who did another smirk in guessing what you were thinking, before turning the key into the gear and pressing the gas pedal, which finally took you two out of the Camp Slayer.

For a moment, it was as if all was over there and the further the off-road vehicle went, the more you could feel a sense of lightness around you; suddenly, the desert wind hit you in the face making your hair flutter behind your head, together with the open collar of your shirt and you couldn't resist the temptation to lift your chin towards the sky to enjoy that pleasant feeling...

You were free. Like a little bird just out of its cage. For his part, Jason would never stop staring at you in that peaceful and beautiful picture of yours, if it weren't for the fact that he was driving on that fucking dirt road, where nothing but sand could be seen and the heat was damn unbearable! For his own sake, it was better if Salim were ready with a pair of fresh beers, when they arrived...