❶⓿_Think Like a Marine

Just a few weeks earlier, you couldn't stand that marine with the baseball cap. Your only intention was to prove that you could hold the reins of the camp without him and his self-confident attitude...but then, you must have definitely lost your way, especially after he said those things to you, looking at you differently more and more.

And now, your feelings became clearer in your mind when you saw him taking care of you. And when you pulled him to you to kiss him deeply...

For you, it was more beautiful and intense than the first one, but you were hoping it wouldn't be the last one...and that you could have given him the next one out of there.

You couldn't stop thinking about Jason, but then started walking again through what appeared to be a real ceremonial hall and thanks to that you were able to think of something else.

Definitely, two things caught your attention...a tent and a machine gun; this one had nothing to do with the temple, as if it seemed lost over time...you wondered if it still worked, but you didn't approach to find out as you made your way to the small camp.
Inside, there were things that didn't belong to soldiers, but more to a team of researchers, probably archaeologists.
From what it seemed, no one had got their hands on those things and so you decided to do it yourself.

Maybe, I'll find something interesting here.

First of all, you saw an old photo of a group of people...

"The Hodgson Expedition, October 1946."

On the same work table, you found some papers, possibly belonging to a diary, as it was written with the name of its owner. Randolph Hodgson.

I see, they must have made a really important discovery thanks to this place, but something must have gone wrong...

Anyway, you couldn't know more, as the rest of the diary seemed to have been lost...or hidden, maybe somewhere else; in any case, your fingers ran to the last pages, where there were anatomical sketches and short notes next to them...in particular, you were impressed by the detail of some fangs and wings, similar to those you had seen on the creature.

At this point, there wasn't much to understand, also the team of archaeologists had dealt with those monsters and you wondered what had happened to them, even if you had little doubt about it, but the fact that none of you hadn't found any remains of their body yet, it made you guess they must have gone further.

You remained motionless to reflect a little longer with the sheets under your eyes, before another image suddenly appeared in your mind.

Aaaaaah, Nick saw me kissing his First Lieutenant! And in such a situation! ...can you be more idiot than that Y/n??

Suddenly, you messed up your hair to try to make local mind again, moving hither and thither like a schoolgirl rethinking about her first crush before sinking into deep shame...until you hear a noise, not very far from you, that woke you up.

It came from the other side of a curtain, beyond those work tables and for a moment you feared you were never alone there...

So, you moved it slowly with one hand to find out who or what was and were amazed by the discovery.

《S-Salim!?》  You ran quickly towards him  《Luckily you're okay!!》

Well, not really, he was sitting on a chair in the corner and with his hands tied behind the back, but fortunately you didn't saw any scuff marks on his face...if Corporal Merwin had been around, he would certainly have beaten him to death knowing the sympathy he had for Iraqi soldiers.