Custard III Angst.3

Reque sted by: @hornytheunicorn ! And others!
ANOTHA ONE
TW: Blood!

~💥Part.3💥~

Custard was finally let out of his confinement. He was still crying, but was more exhausted and messy compared to when he was put in.
Chili Pepper lightly pulled him out, carefully trying not to scare him. She hugged him, saying soft apologies.

Thing is, she let him out 2 hours early.
And it was because of the argument she had with Gingerbrave and the others.

~💥Event, 1st hour in box💥~

Loud cries could be heard by Chili and the others, but the Pomegranate villagers nor Gingerbrave seemed to care.
Chili Pepper though, was getting worried.

"Hey, Gingerbrave. Are you sure this isn't too extreme? Not that I care or anything but..?" Chili Pepper finally asked.

"He hurt another cookie. He almost delivered a finishing blow onto the cookie he hit. I think this is valid." One of the villagers interrupted.

"I agree! He should've not done that!" Gingerbrave agreed.

"Okay, then what was he supposed to do?" Chili Pepper asked, challenging their answer.

"He would have..." Gingerbrave started, but couldn't finish.

He had no answer.

"...could've used the less sharp part of the knife! Or used something else!" Gingerbrave fired back weakly.

"How was Custard supposed to know that they were THAT sharp? Only I use them! Why do you think I use the flat side only?!" Chili Pepper flared up.

"What? Let me see that knife then!" The Pomegranate village glared.

But when the Pomegranate Villager tried to pull the knife out of Chili's hand by the flat side, she slit her hand.
Jam came gushing out of he new wound.

"Gah..! You didn't warn me that was going to happen...!" The Pomegranate Villager stared in horror as their hand continued to gush.

"We need a healer! Now!" Gingerbrave called out.

Immediately, Chili Pepper walked away as the Pomegranate Village's healer came.

~💥Now💥~

Chili was distracted by her thoughts so much that she didn't realize that Custard had fell asleep in her arms. He was clinging onto one of them like he was going to crumble if he let go.
Chili Pepper patted his head, and walked to the guest house of the village. She walked into her designated room, cleaned up Custard a bit before putting the child to bed. The more she looked at him, the more regret she felt for what she did.

At least he tlearned his lesson, right?

No. This is horrible.

Chili put his crown close to him. And the left the room. She slept quietly, hoping that Custard may forgive her.

~Next Day~

Custard awoke to a comfortable feeling. He lifted himself up slightly. There was light in the room, which relieved him, and he was sleeping on a bed. Then, he saw Chili Pepper in the room.
He looked afraid for a moment.
Chili noticed his fear.

"Custard it's fine..." she mumbled just loud enough for him to hear.

"Chili...? I'm so sorry for doing that... Your King didn't mean to hurt that red cookie..." He apologized, lip quivering.

Chili Pepper walked to Custard and hugged him again.

"No, it's fine... Don't worry Custard. It's not you to blame." Chili Pepper reassured.

Custard embraced the hug. He could feel water dripping on his shoulder, as he also cried as well.

At least he forgave her.

_Note_
This will be my last one istg

567 words!