Chapter 40

"Everything is ready." Khione said to herself as she looked at the weapons on her bed.

After she put them on her waist and back she went outside and saw Zach still waiting for her.

"Oh you're still here?" She asked with her playful tone.

But instead of him answering her question he walked towards her and hold both of her shoulders. "Are you really going to do that mission Khione?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

Zach looked at her in disbelief. "But you're against it a while ago."

Khione can see the panic in his eyes as he convinced her not to do the mission.

"Oh please stop it Zach, don't be such a hypocrite. As I recall, you also killed mundanes not only few but millions of them." She said looking irritated.

Zach froze in disbelief because of what she said.

"That's different Khione, mine is because of war and there are no children in wars."

At that moment, his expression worsened even more.

"Khione please listen to me." His face contorted in pain as he was trying to stop her.

"No, you listen to me Zach. That mission is mine so I will do it whether you like it or not." She said. Wrinkles started to form between her brows.

Zach took a deep breath and tried to speak calmly. "Then please let me join you."

He stroke the part where the wrinkles formed and because of that, Khione calmed down.

"I just don't want you regret it in the end." He muttered in his soft but deep voice while caressing her cheeks.

He thought that this will convinced her to stop but it was all just an act.

Khione finally caught Zach on her trap.

---

They now boarded the carriage that was headed to the mundane village in the east, where her mission was located.

Zach sat down in front of her and let out a sigh.

He looked at Khione who was currently looking outside the window, as if he was scanning her.

Her hands, which were so beautiful it was hard to believe that it was expert in battles.

He could still remember her touch clearly, how her hands gently caress his arms up to his chest.

Zach still couldn't understand what happened to her, who had always been calm and rational. The Khione that he remembered had always been someone with a calm and composed aura.

But the Khione in front of him now was the exact opposite.

All he could see was passion and lust for killing.

The eyes full of desire and the sensation that he felt vehemently stirring in his lower body were unfamiliar.

With that in mind, he instantly covered his mouth and nose with his palms to cover his red cheeks.

How overwhelming was it whenever the silver-colored eyes, which were calm and soothing, watched over him affectionately? But he knows that the Khione right know is not in herself.

Hours has passed and now Khione is currently sleeping. With her head banging against the window, Zach immediately went beside her and gently put her head on his shoulder as if his one hand hugging her.

"I shouldn't go to sleep..." he shook his head. To Zach, who had stayed up all night, the regular noise of the environment had a power similar to a lullaby.