Chapter 42

Zach's Past

"I'm pretty sure I told you to live as quiet as a mouse without any fuss, that not even your breathing sound could be heard." A lady with the same face as the child, said.

The Queen's hateful gaze on the young Zachary seemed as if she was seeing a hideous bug. Those icy deadly gaze seeming like it wants to kick him to death was familiar to the child. It was the kind of gaze he always got from that palace.

"What was your purpose for acting like that?" she said pointing at the wooden sword that he is holding.

Zachary couldn't breathe right at his mother's aura. His lips started to tremble in fear.

His mother's voice threatened him when he just stood there without speaking a word.

"You better speak." she said.

Zachary felt the deadly aura to the point he felt goosebumps on his skin. He think he'll die when he doesn't give an answer.

"Well...... Um, that's...... ." because of him feeling nervous he unknowingly played with his thumbs bumping together. "I-I just want to learn........ Um, how to use swords."

The lady scoffed because of what the child said.

"Do you think you are worthy of even touching that wooden sword, you dirty little bug."

The child flinched from what he heard, he felt the stabbing pain in his heart as his own mother said those words to him.

"B-but mother_"

"Don't you dare call me mother!" His line was cut by her right away. "I shouldn't have give birth to you! Argh! You only give me bad luck whenever I see that monstrous face of yours!" Sinabi niya na parang nandidiri, pilit iniiwasang tignan ang peklat sa mukha ng kawawang bata.

The Queen called for her maid. "Get this child away from me, and don't forget to whip him 100 times."

Zachary was already used to it, he always get that whenever he bumped into his mother. But it doesn't mean that he was fine even though he experienced it a lot.

Despite getting harsh punishments, Zachary didn't stop his sword training until the day her mother died from a terminal disease. He was sent to war on the day of her mother's burial, he didn't even shed a tear nor feel sad when her mother died because he already didn't think of her as his mother anymore.

In the end, he got his first victory on his first war and the victory still continued on the next wars. That's why he got the name, "The Sand of Death"

End of Zach's Past

KHIONE'S POV:

All of us have gathered here in the palace's garden, it was huge with maze at the center.

"For today's event, we will held a simple game. Only the heirs can participate." The host of the event announced.

"But what if the heir is not yet announced? Like in our Kingdom." Rinig kong tanong ni Richard.

"Then you and your sibling can participate, this can also test your capabilities." Sagot ng host at muling ibinaling ang atensyon sa aming lahat. "You can fight with each other during this game, the first to leave the maze within 4 hours will receive this Goblet of Blue Flame. This is the ancient flame that never dies, if one of you has the fire ability then this will be a great use for you" she explained as she raise the Goblet with blue flame. "Be careful, you can either be killed by the maze or your enemy." She warned.

Lahat ay naging interesado ng malaman kung ano ang price, ilan rin sa kanila ay nagpakitang gilas na ipakita ang kanilang mga fire ability.

"Those nobles are from the Ortiz Kingdom." Zach said when he noticed that I was looking at them.