5

600 reads omg

I finished placing my boxes in the back of his jeep and climbed into the passenger seat. I could feel Ross staring at me intensely.

I looked at him. "Are we going or not?!"

"Gee I was about to ask if you're okay" he spoke calmly. "You don't look like your usual bubbly-ass self"

"Its been a long day" I sighed. "Have you got tissues?"

He placed a packet of tissues on my leg and began to drive, his lips now pressed into a thin line out of concentration. I wasnt keeping track of how long we were driving but it was a good 30 minute drive to Starr Apartments. We stopped only in front of a tall glass structure with many floors.

I looked up, the glass on the building reflecting the sunset. "What floor?"

"There's 15 floors, the 15th is the pool and spa; now guess" he locked his car.

"Its the 14th floor isnt it?" I watched him walk ahead then nod. Great, heights.

We stepped inside the elevator which was also glass and the higher we got, the heavier I began to breathe. Ross raised an eyebrow at me. "You good?"

"I'll be fine" I squeaked and quickly stepped out and towards the only door on this floor. He placed down the two boxes in his arms and grabbed a key.

What I saw next was beyond me. I stood in the biggest penthouse I had ever seen, and it just generally looked expensive. I could faintly hear my mom in my head telling to not touch anything to in order to not break anything.

"Make yourself at home" Ross said and I turned to him. "I'm not the best of cooks so I'll make noodles"

"That's fine" I smiled. "But I'll be unpacking if you need me"

"Need help?"

"Actually no-"

"Good" he stretched. I glared at him. "I have work to do anyway"

With that, he was off towards his office I assume. I was left alone in this living room that could possibly take all the students in the UCLA campus plus 25 others.

I faintly heard his words. "My room's upstairs!"

Here we go.

I started hesitantly up the glass stairs and continued until I reached a hallway. From there I continued opening doors to about 4 guest rooms and a couple of bathrooms so far but when I saw a large mahogany door I knew this was it (mainly because all the others were made of oak). Also it had his initials carved into it.

I leaned on the door handle and the door swung open, causing me to stumble into almost a fairy tale room because it was that big. It had a large panoramic window that was opposite to the bed and to the left of the door was a mirror, like a huge mirror. And let's not even begin on that bed.

I grinned, picturing all of my days off being wasted away sleeping on that. What I didn't quite notice was the German Shepherd puppy asleep on top of it.

Slowly, I placed down the boxes and went over to pet it. "Hello"

"I mean," I instantly jumped back and fell on my butt. "I thought you'd be unpacking but looks like you met another member of my family"

"You never told me you had a dog" I continued to play with the puppy as he walked over and sat himself down.

"You never asked" he winked and I glared playfully at him. "She's called Lilly"

"How long have you had her for?"

"1 year"

"How old is she?"

"1 and a bit"

I put my fist to my mouth and closed my eyes. "You're her dad!"

"You could say so" Ross chuckled and picked Lilly up in his arms, whom didn't even complain. "Now, the left side of the closet room is yours; follow me"

"Didn't you have work?"

"You're right, I did"

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

He lead me through to a room where on the right were his clothes and the left was empty. He pointed to it and walked to the glass table in the middle which looked more like a kitchen island.

"At the top you can put your accessories and then at the bottom there's extra space for shoes" he explained. "Got it?"

I nodded obediently.

"Awesome. Also, remember the noodles I said I was making? Well..." He scratched the back of his head.

"Say no more" I smiled. "We'll just order something and tomorrow I should probably go do some grocery shopping after work"

"Okay and finally, are you allergic to anything or take any pills?"

"I'm allergic to bullshit, yes" he laughed at my comment. "But yes I take medicine for my Hemiplegic Migraine Headaches which are basically really really bad migrains which start with an aura- affects my vision usually- and once it was so bad I was paralysed completely for a day"

"Okay, oh shit" he put his hands up. "How you put up with that without stabbing your head is insane. Shall we begin unpacking?"

I nodded with a gentle smile and went to grab some more boxes.