9

"Ooh yes" I grabbed a black bodycon dress and a pink blazer to match my new pink heels. I laid the outfit out on the bed and grabbed my straighteners, ready to style my hair for the day.

On the other side of the room, Ross got on with picking a suit and a matching tie; possibly his hardest choice of the day. Scratch that- it will most likely be which car he'll take today.

Over Sunday I began to warm up to him a little more and we found a common interest in video games (in which I absolutely destroy his sorry ass) and he's backed off since my little outburst on Saturday. The only contact we properly had was when we high-fived earlier today. And that tiny peck he gave me suddenly.

I got dressed faster than I thought I would and decided to continue off to breakfast which was being made by one of his maids, Marie.

I liked her more than the others. Mostly because she was so sarcastic and around our age, unlike Helena which is like 50 and a bit-years-old. Plus, she was really close friends with Ross' family so she lives in the condo too.

"What's on the menu?" I asked shortly after greeting her with a beam. She skilfully tossed a pancake.

"Your favourite, Miss" she replied cheerily.

"Charlie will do" I transferred the other stack of pancakes onto a plate. "I assume he likes lemon and sugar?"

"Yeah" she nodded. "You don't have to help, you'll spoil your dress!"

"Really?" I giggled. "It's fine!"

"You know you have reached the pinnacle of success when your two favourite women are making breakfast for you" Ross' hand touched my waist and he kissed my cheek. "How are you, Marie?"

"Good as gold!" She smiled and her emerald eyes sparkled slightly. "I have to leave a tad earlier today because I have a date- in like 40 minutes"

"So early?" I passed Ross a fork and dug in.

"Yeah it's a strange story" she hung up her apron and tapped the tip of our noses. "Stay cute!"

And with that she flounced off the way am excited 15-year-old girl would. I poured myself more orange juice. "I love her"

"She's a happy one" he took a step back and took a full look at me. "Are you wearing a dress or a freaking crop top?!"

"Ha-ha" I said flatly. I mean, the dress was a good 6 inches from my knee but it isn't that bad. At least my underwear isn't in sight.

"Wow, even I want to move to GQ so I get to look at your butt the whole day" he commented.

"I'm sat down half of the time" I shook my head. "And you're just jealous that the gap between the hem and my knee is longer than you'll ever be- if your know what I mean"

He-very suddenly- placed his arm around my waist and drew our bodies together. His eyes stayed on mine, virtually staring into my soul. "Wanna check?"

"No thank you" I rolled my eyes.

His hand glided down from my waist onto my butt followed by a firm squeeze. Out of instinct, I slapped him.

And CHRIST that was a slap which echoed around the house and even brought Lilly over to stare at us.

He glared at me, the permanent sparkle of success in his eyes still lingering. I bit my lip to hold back a laugh. "Ouch."

"Oops"

+++

Ross Lynch

"Stop lying, dude" Zack crossed his arms. I continued to turn on my chair. "Since when are you good enough to date a princess like Charlie Brown?!"

"Since her parents chose this guy" I pointed at myself. "To marry her. And you have a girlfriend anyways"

"No. I refuse to believe this until I see you both in the same room" He shook his head, his brown hair flopping with the movement.

As if planned, the woman herself charged into my office at full speed. "You honestly need to stop sending flowers to my workplace! I have some bad allergies alright- am I interrupting"

Zack's jaw hovered the ground. I smirked and stood up. "Hello and I'm sorry, I'll just bring them home from now on"

"Thank you" she said quietly. It's difficult not to like her, she just has adorable moments and is so unaware it makes anybody fall in love with her. And she can have the energy of a 15-year-old girl at times.

The true difficulty is the clash of ideals; I want to do..stuff (if you know what I mean) and she wants to wait and get to know me. No, get to know my Man Lightsaber, please & thank you.

She looked at me with her innocent brown eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other and laughed awkwardly. "Nothing, is it your lunchtime?"

"Yeah" she looked around my office. "Impressive"

"You bet" I winked. "Anyway, this is my partner in crime, Zack"

Zack hesitantly walked over and shook her hand. "N-Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" Charlie smiled back at him then turned to me. "How's your cheek?"

I rolled my eyes as she giggled. "It's fine, I suppose. It hurts but I'll live, hopefully"

"That teaches you to not mess with me" she prodded my chest with a lean finger.

"How about we all go out for lunch? I'll drive you over to work again when we're finished?"

"I'm in, are you?" Charlie looked at Zack who snapped back to life.

"Say food and I'm all yours"

She giggled. "Let's go"

"You two go down and I'll meet you there, I have one last thing to clear up" I said and she was ready to walk off when I grabbed her hand. "Wait- give us a kiss"

She glared at me briefly but I heard no complaint when I prolonged the kiss. Now Zack was definitely shocked. As they walked out, I mouthed 'I told you so' at him and he flipped me off hopelessly.

With a chuckle, I returned to my desk and finished writing an e-mail.

Goals ayy