17

Two Weeks Later

"Can I help you with anything else?" A flight attendant- no, the same flight attendant from the last eight times returned with the same sickening smile. The look Ross shot her spoke for itself.

I stepped in with a polite smile. "No, we're okay, like the last time, thank you"

"Can I offer you our Thai Green Tea?" She insisted.

"Honestly no" Ross said.

"In that case, may I help with anything else?" She spoke with a flirty tone. I scoffed quietly.

"Seriously. I'm just trying to get to New York with my girlfriend, now if you want to help how about you go f-"

"Fetch me that tea you mentioned earlier," I stepped in. "Please"

She clearly wasn't happy. "Sure, Miss"

I sighed and turned to Ross who was loosening his tie and looking out of the window. "My jet can never break down again, otherwise we're walking or driving to whichever destination we're going?"

"You really dislike public flights don't you?" I chuckled. "Well at least its first class, you don't have shrieking babies and kids kicking chairs"

"Don't even mention that"

"Welcome to the life of ordinary people" I leaned on his shoulder and kissed his lips quickly.

A different flight attendant walked to us, handing me a pretty China teacup. She grinned. "There we are. Also, could you pretty please fasten your seatbelts, we shall be landing in minutes"

"Thank you" I smiled back at her and took a sip. "Hey this is actually so good"

"You're so relaxed for this interview, I love it" he smiled. I held my hand out to him, which was trembling madly. His face fell. "Never mind"

"I'll be fine" I took another sip of this tea and set it down to fasten my seatbelt.

We landed in New York minutes after and already had a car waiting on us by the plane once it landed. Our luggage was packed at the back and we hit the road to our hotel.

"I think after looking around we should really go to the cinema" I looked at my nails. "And I really need to go and get my nails done soon"

"You should get them done for your birthday" he commented. "Is it me or its really cold here?"

"A little bit" I pulled my jacket over my legs.

He smiled to me and placed his hand on my knee. "I honestly wouldn't mind moving to New York, I love it here"

"Yeah, and you dress like you belong here too" I put my hand on his. "But my parents would flip"

"So would mine, especially my Mom- she would be like oh no! my little baby's all grown up and leaving! No I can't handle it! and cry" Ross laughed and turned into a narrows street leading into a car park. We collected our key and up we went to our room.

The view was stunning from our room, and I was looking out dazed when two arms wrapped around me. "See why I wouldn't mind moving here?"

"I see it, but at the same time I prefer California. I've lived there for so long" I turned around and placed my arms around his neck. "But more on that later"

"Can we rest a bit before we go out? I'm slightly jet lagged" he took my jacket off for me and placed it on the bed. I nodded and pulled him to the bed with me. "Ooh I'm cool with this"

"Don't get your hopes up, tiger" I giggled. "I'm so freaking nervous for tomorrow"

"I'm sure you'll do just fine and I may or may have not said you wrote an article on me which gained me a few more employees" he winked. "It's not a lie, sort of"

"Yeah, sort of" I giggled and kissed him. "Thank you for this. You're going through so much hassle just for me"

"Oh well, the smile on you face is worth it all"

I squeezed him a little bit tighter. "You're sweet"

+++

What was meant to be a simple walk about & purchase of souvenirs escalated to a full on shopping trip for us both.

In my left hand was a single Chanel bag, and Ross had another twelve more. All of them contained something for me.

"You're going to be the death of me," he shook his head. "Since when have I, Ross Lynch, sat in multiple dressing rooms whilst a girl tries stuff on"

"Well I need opinions, and especially for my birthday outfit- two weeks!" I exclaimed excitedly and linked into his arm. "Aren't you excited?"

"I sure am" he smiled. "Now, how about we go ditch these and change into something a bit more casual & eat in then catch a midnight movie? Sounds good for you?"

I allowed him to kiss me and smiled. "Sounds great"