28

"What if she starts talking to me?" Jenny said worriedly, Lilly in her arms.

"Well I will tell her to wait because there are people around" I released Ross' arm to ring the doorbell. Dad opened the door. "Wahey somebody's old!"

"Thanks!" He exclaimed sarcastically. "Come give your old man a hug"

Jenny and I stepped forward to hug him. "Happy Birthday Dad"

"Ah thank you" he smiled as Ross shook his hand.

"Happy Birthday Mr Brown" Ross flashed him that smile that would make anyone with XX chromosomes weak at the knees. My father smiled once again.

"I'll unleash your presents" I opened the doggy carrier and two of our pups ran out. Dad laughed.

"Two?! We could barely handle one before!"

"Well we gave the others away so it only made sense to keep two nearby" I winked and placed an arm around my dad. "Let's go outside"

Familiar faces everywhere, this reminded me of my 16th barbecue followed by a mad party in this very house. I smiled to myself and collected a drink.

"This really isn't the time or place but," two arms wrapped around me, his lips on my neck. "Damn babe, you look yummy today"

"Kinda glad nobody can hear" I blushed quickly and turned around. "But you're looking good too"

"Tonight?" He pulled my hips towards his and gave me puppy eyes.

"Hmm, we'll see, okay" I kissed his lips repeatedly and he nodded, finally pressing his lips onto mine dominantly.

The moment things began to heat, somebody cleared their throat. Mom.

Ross quickly released me and smiled. "How you doing, Mrs Brown?"

"Alright, yourself?" She grinned, as if nothing was happening. I bit my lip in order to not say anything.

"Couldn't be better" Ross placed an arm around me. Mom turned to me.

"I need to speak to Jenny-"

"And you can do that, later" I crossed my arms. "I don't want to ruin Dad's birthday"

"Charlie, I'm the Mom here, you don't dictate when I speak to one of my daughters"

"You're right, I don't" I snapped. "But she does, and I dictate if we ruin my Dad's birthday or not. If you excuse me, I'm going to go and greet everybody-"

"Not quite yet" she said as a man possibly the same size as Ross approached us. He had short brown hair and was the only person at a barbecue wearing a tuxedo. His cold blue eyes focused on me.

"Who's this?" Ross asked.

"This is James Lee, I think he works in the same branch as Ross" Mom explained. "James, this is my older daughter Charlotte and her fiancé, Ross"

He took my handshake, and kissed my hand. "Pleasure"

"Cool" I said awkwardly and watched as he shook Ross' hand.

"What do you do?" James asked.

"Marketing, you?"

"Economics"

I see what Jenny means now, he's a total ass.

"Anyway" their eyes diverted back to me. "I'm going to go say hi to Rydel, wanna come babe?"

"Of course," Ross looked back at James. "Babe"

Once far enough away from him, I burst out laughing. Ross looked at me slightly frightened, increasing my laughter.

"Your jealous side is hot and cute at once" I tapped his nose. "Never change, oh my goodness"

His cheeks were glowing a deep red. "As long as you're with me, I never will change"

+++

"This punch is on fleek" I sighed to myself as I poured another glass.

The afternoon/evening has been great. I was on grill duty with Rocky and we created a routine to 'Me & U' by Cassie as the meat cooked, I danced a bit with Ross, played with Grace and have even sunbathed with Jenny, Piper, Rydel & Amelia. Things were going great.

A firm squeeze on my butt made me spit my punch out and choke. I could tell by the roughness that it wasn't Ross.

"You, me, bathroom quickie?" That disgusting son-of-a-bitch also known as James whispered with a smirk. Without any restrain, I backhanded him, the slap echoing in between songs.

"What is wrong with you?!" I screamed hysterically. Ross appeared out of nowhere. Literally, he was behind me in seconds.

"You good?" He asked and I shook my head.

"This creep slapped my butt"

Ross stepped to him. "Keep the hell away from my girl. Go find your own, one your age specifically rather than creeping on people half your age"

"Really?" James was obviously altered, he was slurring horribly. "What are you going to do about it? I like your girl! It's a compliment babe"

"Shut up" I hissed.

"You better" Ross threatened.

James continued regardless. "..she's a cute little thing that I just can't wait to have in my bed-"

Ross suddenly lurched forward, punching James in the process, who returned the favour. Inside, I was twerking, but I pulled them away from each other and stood in the middle.

"If any of you want to live to see daylight again I suggest freaking knocking it off!" I hissed quietly. "This is my dad's party and I will not hesitate on kicking both of y'all's asses"

They froze then started blaming each other like children. "Shush! You're coming with me"

I pulled Ross to a chair inside and collected ice in a little bag. He calmed himself down as I pressed the ice to his cheek.

"Asshole" I commented.

"I was standing up for you" he replied. "I don't like it when people get close to you"

"That's sweet, but you didn't have to hit him" I smiled. "Just kidding! Hopefully you knocked his jaw out of place"

We slapped hands and laughed. I pulled him into my arms. "You're such a little dick, but I love you to pieces"

He drew circles on my leg with his thumb. "God, trust me, I love you so freaking much it's unreal"