18

Days later

I closed the door softly and walked to the kitchen to collect myself a drink. I grabbed the bottle of OJ and poured myself a glass.

"Hello!" I bent down to pet Lilly. "How are you and the babies?"

On the day Ross took Lilly to the vets we found out that she is actually pregnant. She gets more action than me (I'm alright though). She looked at me curiously but rubbed her body against my ankles as a greeting.

I played with her for a few more minutes until then walked to the living room. I flicked on the TV and reached for a comb to brush through my damp hair.

Boredom struck at around 11 so I went up to the pool- until 5pm. Ross should be back soon.

Soon after that thought, the door opened and slammed shut, causing me to flinch. I looked back and a very stressed looking Ross looked at me. "Hi"

"Hey" he sighed with effort as he loosened his tie. "How are you?"

"Not much has changed but you look annoyed. What's up?" I asked.

"People happened," he rolled his eyes. "Let's just say people are extremely dumb and basically deleted a whole two months of spreadsheets"

"Yikes. I can help out if you want?" I suggested.

"No it's fine, I won't bother you and it's extremely boring" he looped an arm around me and pulled me close. "Zack's already began on it"

"How about I spoil you a little bit? You know, run you a bath, cook something with the help of Google" he laughed at my statement. "I can whack out my massage skills and all-"

I did a series of air karate chopping in a circle around him and he watched amused. I gently aimed for his chest and stopped. "How does that sound?"

"First off: Your are bat-shit berserk" he commented and I glared at him playfully. "But that sounds great for me"

"Then let's go" I took his hand and lead him upstairs. With my help, I undressed him down to the waist and stopped. "Don't want you getting ideas do we?"

"Ugh, I'm too tired anyways-"

I screamed and his eyes widened. "The world is ending, this is not even a joke. What the hell?"

He shot me a playful death stare. "Ha-ha"

"Go on now, and feel free to raid my side of the bathroom for my shower stuff!" I ushered him to the bathroom then returned downstairs.

+++

"Damn, I'm definitely being pampered today!" He commented after a forkful then pointed the utensil at me whilst I poured us both a glass of wine. "What are you waiting to ask?"

"Ross! It's not everyday that I want something! Although I could do with a little holiday" I winked and he shook his head at me. "And what I made is Speedy Mediterranean Chicken. It was really fast"

"The name kinda gave it away, dork"

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes at him. "I've been thinking-"

"That's always a danger-" he laughed at the glare I sent him. "I'm kidding babe! But carry on, you've been thinking"

"Indeed and I think that we should move out of here when we're actually engaged" I prodded a piece of chicken around my plate. "What do you think?"

"I'm in. I think it would be cool if we just had a massive house and threw insane parties" his eyes gleamed at that thought. "But yes, do you want to stay in California though?"

"I honestly don't know, NYC looks appealing but to live there I'd have to live in an apartment because that is my life goal- London looks appealing too"

"Okay, okay" he nodded. "Do you want to hear something I realised?"

I gestured for him to carry on. "You're fine with this whole arranged marriage idea now"

"Well it's because I have learnt to like you, no matter how annoying you may be" he pretended to look hurt as I stood up. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him from behind, leaning my chin on his head. "Kidding, I have a bit of a soft spot for you now"

"You're sweet. And you could say the feeling's mutual, times three" he squeezed my hands. "Where are you going?"

"Putting our dishes in the dishwasher" I smiled, rolling the 'R' which instantly set him off laughing (inside joke). Once the machine was up and going, I walked back into his arms and kissed him.

He gently caressed my face then kissed me again. "Man I've hit jackpot"

"Stop, I'm going to turn into a tomato soon" I giggled. "But I assume I'm lucky too, could have been worse- I'm joking!"

"You're going to regret that" he said.

"Am I?" I said sarcastically and shrieked when he suddenly picked me up.

"Because I'm going to cuddle and tickle the shit out of you and there is nothing you can do about it" he set me down again. "But because I'm nice, I'll give you a head start to get away from me"

May as well not have had a head start at all.

Unedited so I'm sorry for any typos 😅 (Counterpoint sequel 'Harmony' is up btw!)