04: Detention

(Chapter-4)

(Chapter-4)

(Author's POV)

"This day is hella tiring!" Y/N cried to herself while walking towards the detention room.

The detention room and cafeteria was common for both the adjoining school and college as they came under the same ownership.

Y/N entered the detention room only to find it empty. There was no one else here except her and the instructor.

She decided to sit on the farthest bench from the entrance of the room as the instructor's continuous glares were sending her chills down her spine.

She took out a book that she got issued from the library after classes and started to read it. She was a book-lover indeed.

She was extremely concentrated on the text when the sudden banging of the door broke her flow.

It was a boy that entered the detention room. He had his tie loosely hanging on his neck and his hair was all shabby.

The teacher interrogated the boy in search of a valid reason for being late for the detention but the boy just ignored her and sat on the vacant seat adjacent to Y/N.

Y/N was a shy person and tried to ignore that boy but the boy kept staring at her, making her uncomfortable. So, she decided to ask him about the matter.

"Why are you staring at me?" Y/N asked.

"My wish.." The boy replied back casually.

"It's making me angry, please stop staring at me." Y/N retorted.

"Do you know that because of you, I am rotting this detention?" The boy asked.

"I don't even know you nor have ever seen you. How can you blame this on me?" Y/N replied back.

"I am Jake, the one who you bumped into near the school gate and you didn't even bother to state an apology to me. How rude! My bike got damaged too and due to this I got late for the class and got signed under the pact named detention." Jake stated.

Y/N was shocked. It was truly her bad luck today. She encountered three Park siblings in a day. Moreover, she also got into their bad side. She was truly done for the day.