25: Callous

(Chapter - 25)

(Chapter - 25)

(Author's POV)

In a flash, the atmosphere became rather tense. Every brother threw daggers at him, as if they were trying to ask him a question with their eyes. Niki, on the other hand, was sweating from anxiousness and attempting to cool himself by swatting his hands.

"Hyungs, is the air conditioner not working?" Niki inquired casually.

"Everything over here is working fine; just you, Mr. Park, are left to be repaired in the house!" Heeseung yelled at him, eliciting chuckles from the rest of the siblings, but they quieted down when he scowled at them, but Y/N didn't notice his gaze and continued to laugh, thinking it rather amusing.

"Y/N, please come to my room after dinner!" For the first time, Heeseung hyung yelled at her. That surprised the girl because she had not expected it.

"I-I am sorry, oppa! It won't happen again." She stuttered while apologizing. His rage caused everyone to stammer, since he resembled the Satan himself.

"Are you defying my order?" Heeseung hyung yipped. The latter promptly shook her head, signalling a no.

"Now, gentleman, if I ever have this complaint again, I won't hesitate to report dad, and I bet you won't want to know what he'll do with you." Heeseung warned him with a smirk.

"I'm sorry, hyung; I won't make this mistake again." Niki quickly apologised since he knew and had witnessed how his father treated him, which had truly provoked him up until this point, and a shudder raced down his spine as he remembered that painful moment.

"You can go back to your room now." Heeseung stated sternly.

"Okay, hyung." The latter replied back, nervously.

(Niki's POV)

"Oppa, may I accompany you?" Y/N chirped, and I couldn't say no.

"Of course, my little mousey!" I responded in a low-key teasing.

She strolled casually towards me, her nose scrunched in rage, like she does when taunted. That's why I enjoy teasing her. Her expressions are extremely amusing to me.

We were walking side-by-side, but then I noticed she was walking too lazily, and she knew she was getting on my nerves. I clasped her hand and dragged her along with me while taking long strides, and she was attempting to follow my walking pattern so she wouldn't tumble down.

"Oppa, please walk slowly. I'll trip and break my spine, and everyone will label me old!" She kept blabbering nonsense, but I decided to turn a blind eye to it.