38: Snub

(Chapter - 38)

(Chapter - 38)

(WARNING: MENTIONS OF ATTEMPT TO SUICIDE!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

All the siblings were peacefully having their breakfast in the dining hall. Everyone was chatting among themselves about their schedules and having a laugh at random jokes being cracked.

"Will you all bother to tell me about the matter?" Y/N asked with a stern expression on her face, immediately causing the brothers to restrain themselves from chatting, and all that could be heard was the clattering of the forks on the expensive plates.

Y/N had been continuously looking for her answers for the past few days after Jake's recovery, asking everyone, including her parents, about the matter, but everyone dodged her question by diverting the topics of conversation.

She was aware that they were purposefully diverting the subject, and she was now in the dining hall, which shouted stillness.

"Jake oppa, even you-"

"Y/N, I'm running late. I'm working on several exercises. I'll see you later." Jake stormed out of the room, without even waiting for the girl to finish her sentence.

They all thought it was better to avoid the topic instead of coming up with white lies, and so they were implementing it.

"You cowards! All you guys can do is run away from my questions! I get that you all never trusted me. That woman, whom you all address as "mom," is also not telling me about what the heck is going on!" Y/N spoke in a loud voice, earning glances from the remainder of the brothers who were still present at the table, scrolling through their phones.

"I WILL TURN INTO A PSYCHOPATH IF I RESUME LIVING WITH YOU PSYCHOPATHS! YOU GUYS ARE SICK! TOTALLY SICK!" Y/N screamed while throwing the dishes off the table.

"PARK Y/N, RETURN TO YOUR SENSE!" Sunoo smacked her hard across the face, knocking her to the ground.

"Restrain yourself, Sunoo! This isn't the way to behave with your younger sibling!" Heeseung spoke up in a strict tone as he observed his sister weeping silently.

"Correction, she is just a step-sibling." Sunoo stated with an ugly smirk on his face, getting furious glances from the rest of the brothers.

"Get over here, Y/N, right now. I will give you your answers." Heeseung spoke, eliciting shocked expressions from the rest.

"But hyung," Sunghoon was shushed by Heeseung, as if signalling to him to trust his intentions.