40: Fear

(Chapter - 40)

(Chapter - 40)

"OPEN UP THE DOOR!" Y/N screamed in terror while banging the entrance door harshly with her knuckles.

She was too scared to go back to that filthy place and get her phone back.

"Why did I even come here in the first place?" Y/N murmured as she yanked on her hair, tears streaming down her freezing cheeks helplessly.

After a little moment of peace, she returned her focus to the entrance, where she discovered a code panel, which was luckily active, and she took solace in the neon lights that illuminated the digits.

"What could it possibly be? Is it Dad's birthday, Mom's birthday, or their anniversary date?" Y/N painstakingly typed the codes one by one, but all of her attempts were futile, and the screen displayed 'wrong passcode' every single time.

"F*CK THIS TECHNOLOGY!" Y/N screamed while kicking on the code panel harshly with her feet and hands, trying to deactivate the system, but it didn't work though.

Well, anger issues can indeed lead to a downfall sometimes.

Soon after, the girl fell unconscious from tiredness, as she had not fully recovered from the previous episode.

Meanwhile...

Sunoo awoke after a short snooze, remembering that Y/N needed to be given the medication.

When he wiped his eyes, he discovered that the other side of the bed was vacant.

"Oh sh*t!" Sunoo cursed while massaging his temple and dialling the rest of the brothers via the intercom.

"Why are you calling us at this unholy hour?" Jay groaned, awakened by the phone call that had interrupted his slumber.

"Y/N is not in my room. Is she there with anyone of you, perhaps?" Sunoo asked them.

"No, she is not here with me." Sunghoon stated, followed by the rest, who denied it too.

"THEN WHERE DID SHE GO? A WITCH KIDNAPPED HER?" Sunoo yelled at the others, venting his stress-related rage on his brothers. In a nutshell, his bubble of rage burst this time.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US, HUH? YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ALERT MR. PARK SUNOO, SHE WAS UNDER YOUR SURVEILLANCE, NOT OURS!" Heeseung, for the first time, shouted at Sunoo.

The brothers, with the exception of Heeseung and Sunoo, dropped the phone conversation after a few minutes, knowing that this battle would go for more than an hour because the most calm ones were disputing over today and they would take out their frustration on one other. Furthermore, getting engaged in the argument would cause problems for them as well, because this time it was their Heeseung hyung, and once he begins insulting them, he never stops.