46: Quietude

(Chapter - 46)

(Chapter - 46)

Y/N peeked out of the car window, worried about her brother and friend, waiting for their arrival.

She would not be able to forgive herself at all if anything happened to either of them.

As a result, she felt a huge burden on her shoulders.

A tear slipped out of her eye as she tried to persuade herself about their well-being.

"They will return safely." Her voice croaked as she spoke the words to herself.

She could hear the faint sounds of gunshots from a distance. It gave her goosebumps.

Meanwhile...

Sera smirked as soon as she spotted Jungwon behind the wall of the corporate office.

"Why are you smiling? Are you crazy, just like me?" The man laughed as he observed her strange behaviour.

"Death is knocking at your door, little girl." The man cackled evilly as he placed his handgun against her temple.

Sera swiftly got out of his grip by kicking his gun in the air, followed by a gunshot.

"50 points, it's a headshot right in the center." Sera laughed as she clutched the dead man's head by grabbing his hair.

"It's not my day to die, it's yours, you old tortoise."

"You were about to get killed and here you are giving me scores! Just insane!" Jungwon sighed in disbelief as he approached her.

"Just like your insane acting during the classes, huh?" Sera laughed at him, remembering how he acted like he didn't even know her during the classes.

"It's not acting, I just don't want to be shipped with you unnecessarily. My friends would tease me till my ears bled." Jungwon scoffed as Sera followed him back towards the car.