2 | skull hunts

Gemi

Gemi

As a Firefly Chaser, I'm glad to be an idiot. We're creative, sure. We're called Creativity. We're also stupid as hell. Sure, we don't have as many flings and arguably bad decisions as the Hell Zone, but we're not the Silver Wolves. Now there's a shining example of teens with over three braincells.

We'd be even more deranged if we didn't have Vienna Caligari, Psychosis. She controls us and our habits of painting everything rainbow–colored. Whether that's a good thing or not, I have no idea. Then again — Vienna was previously a Hell Zoner. It's always very hard to remember this fact, since she seems so composed and the absolute opposite of the Hell Zone's other founder.

"You can put Pyxis down now," I finally speak for my compatriot. Honestly, watching him squirm is hilarious. "We probably need him as a scapegoat for Vienna to randomly yell at and Sagitta to ship."

Aqualia saunters over to the couch and drops Pyxis on it. The blush on his cheeks slowly fades as he mumbles, "Tell me none of the Silver Wolves saw. Tell me."

"All of them saw," Nia says seriously, causing Pyxis to yelp in dismay. "Now go. You're not in our coven, you're ... uh ..."

"You're high," I supplement, noticing the sudden wild look in Nia's eyes, the one she gets when she's high on an adrenaline rush. "Pyxis is Firefly Chaser, in case you forgot again."

"My memory is worse than Caprice's when she's in full hypocrite mode," Nia sighs as she states this. The Hellion Haunt isn't an official place. In fact, it's the attic of Lonely Star, and Nia found the key before promptly destroying the lock because who the hell needs to use a key, right? All the stuff has been shoved to one side except a few beanbags and a couch made from pillows torn out of their packaging. Rainbows have been painted over the walls and there is glitter everywhere. That, at least, was accidental. I know that Sagitta was trying to plant a glitter bomb in one of the older students' rooms, but accidentally detonated it before she got down the ladder. Oh, trust me, we tried to clean the glitter. We spent two whole days with a stolen vacuum. The sight of Vienna trying to vacuum a ceiling probably caused our brains to short–circuit, realizing that the sandy—haired Firefly Chaser had finally lost her sanity. But glitter does not simply vanish, that's the thing about it.

"Right," I say with a snort. "Cappy is so fun, you know. Yesterday she screamed at me for cursing because I stubbed my toe on her dumb pile of books, and then today she told Tauren she understood how painful his nose feels while he was cursing like ... like a Hell Zoner."

"'Because Caprice' is a valid sentence, honestly," confirms Pyxis as he closes his eyes, spreadeagled on the couch. "Do you really want to rejoin the other mortals?"

"Nah," I shake my head, glancing at Nia. Aqualia's already left the room. "Want to go rock hunting instead?"

"I could hunt Sagitta down and punch her in the kneecap," suggests Nia.