Epilogue - Striking Streak

"Where did you get a paintball gun?" Pisces questions

"Where did you get a paintball gun?" Pisces questions. Nia hefts the weapon in question and sinks into a crouch as they stalk down an empty hallway. The abandoned building the Shadowstalkers took over is just a little too big for the small organization and the Thirteen, including the Shadowstalkers' old tunnels that they still use.

"Don't ask questions," she murmurs as she lifts it a little, turning a corner abruptly while wildly flailing said paintball gun. Leilani comes face–to–face with the barrel of a paintball gun in that moment.

"Oh shit," the blonde murmurs, a gust of wind slamming Nia back into a wall. Pisces takes off running in the opposite direction as soon as Leilani's hands glow, knowing she's about to use her ability. Rounding a few empty hallways, Pisces darts for a bank of lockers. He leaps into one before slamming the door and crouching inside. Leilani's not exactly passive.

Pisces should've known that after all this, Deadpool–Darktale conflicts would be much more intense. He wasn't exactly prepared, though.

He hears gentle footsteps heading for the locker bank and tenses, ready to spring out though he knows he won't stand a chance against Leilani. He should've stayed somewhere with water.

The locker beside him suddenly opens. Pisces can't help the strangled gasp in his throat; the footsteps didn't sound that close when he'd heard them. Now it's too late for him.

He's not prepared for his own door to be thrown open. Squinting in the sudden light, he releases a sigh as he's confronted with the sight of a certain brunette. Carina's eyes seem to glow in the light as she smiles softly, "How's it going in there?"

Pisces stands up, wincing as he realizes his legs have been cramping as he finds the excuse of stabilizing himself to hang onto Carina's shoulder. "Not good, I think Leilani is hunting me down."

"You'll be fine," Carina waves a hand as she glances towards a window on the opposite wall. Quietly, she sneaks over to it and peels back the blinds an inch. Freezing, she snarls at whatever she sees and then tears off. Pisces recognizes her direction as the nearest exit as the glass shatters. Only a Hell Zoner would break a window purely for a grand entrance. Pisces sprints away from the window, following Carina before splitting from her path; he doesn't necessarily want to go outside, where Vienna and Caprice have the most power.

Carina stumbles down a flight of stairs, as soon as she hits the first floor landing she's faced with Leilani, who's floating slightly above the ground. "Shit," mumbles the brunette, sinking into a battle stance as she realizes she really does have no power over Leilani unless she breaks a water pipe to do so. Leilani attempts to blast Carina away, but she leaps out of the way in time and ducks away from another strike, all the while inching closer to the blonde.

Leilani sweeps her hand out, covering the ground in front of her in a gust of air racing towards Carina, who has almost no choice. Taking a leap, Carina tackles Leilani to the ground, startling her. They both come crashing to the ground as Carina wedges her foot against Leilani's throat, leaning down. The Darktale's chest heaves as she struggles to catch her breath. "I suggest you surrender now," Carina says in a neutral voice, not noticing that Leilani's not as much out of breath as her. In a sudden motion, Leilani's hands twist Carina's ankle viciously, sending the brunette flying. Carina lands hard against the wall, but Leilani's not interested in subduing Carina any more than she already has. The blonde takes off in a streak.