48 - Escaping the Keepers

Come on, idiots — wait, where are the idiots?"  Confused, Leo glances around

Come on, idiots — wait, where are the idiots?" Confused, Leo glances around. "The idiots have vanished."

"We're all idiots," Pisces objects. "Which idiots do you refer to?"

"The lazy Darktale, the psychotic psycho, the heartbroken pyromaniac, the simp Deadpool," Leo clarifies, adding each point by tapping one of his fingers, but this only brews more confusion. "Oh, and the pyromaniac's lackey."

"What's a psychotic psycho?" Leilani raises a finger in confusion and Leo points at her.

"Good point, but I can't be bothered to come up with a better name for her. I mean Vienna," Leo says with a huff that makes Leilani roll her eyes at him.

"Hold on there, I see someone in the back!" calls Gemi. He's been quiet, given that Nia isn't exactly healthy.

The shadows morph and twist into a few shapes. Sagittaria, bloodied and with her clothes even more charred than before. Vienna, her frizzy hair even dustier than before and a half–smirk on her lips, the most bathed in blood out of them. Aquaria, her sweater tied around her hair and splashed with blood, black gloves a stark contrast against pale skin. Ari, the tips of his fingers charred and scratched, a slash along his left ear and a palm that's deeply scraped. Scorpio, his eyes dark and vacant, absently rubbing a bloodstain on his neck but only getting more on his hands.

"What happened?" Antares is the only one capable of speaking. Miasma and Nia are dead unconscious. Well, not dead. Yet.

"Hydra is what happened," Vienna says shortly as we approach a trio of paths. Two of them look identically dangerous, while the other is matted in cobwebs that actually seem to sizzle. The end of that middle path looks like a cell. A soft clicking noise echoes against the damp walls. "What do we do now?"

Carina glares at Scorpio, "Are you losing more braincells? Not yet, we still need your original three, stupid as they are."

Usually, Scorpio would shoot her a scathing glare and Carina would shut up, but no. He only stares blankly at her, like he's done something he can't believe. Carina's not there in his eyes.

Nobody notices. Ari claps his hands together loudly. "I say we split up, obviously that's the only answer."

"Horror movies," stresses Leilani with an annoyed noise. Taurus points at her in agreement.

"Yeah, when there are two idiots," Ari patiently explains. "But there's fifteen of us. We leave Nia, Miasma, and Antares behind." Antares glares at Ari, who ignores the pink–haired male as he continues. "So come on, this is the best idea."

"Fine," Taurus relents first. "But I get to pick the teams." At a mumbled agreement, he continues. "Me, Vienna, Caprice, Ari, Sagittaria, Scorpio. Leo, Leilani, Pisces, Gemi, Carina, Aquaria."

"Nope, not gonna work," Gemi raises his hand almost mockingly to object. "Swap Caprice and Leo. We don't need an OP team. Also, we need an equal amount of corrupted elementals."