25 - Arrival

Ari

Ari

Okay, this is great, finally, Miasma, are you all right?" Leilani starts fussing over Miasma as soon as she rises, a pinched expression on the raven–haired girl's face.

Miasma carefully raises her middle finger impassively, "I am perfectly fine."

Leo pats down his hair, trying to pick out the stray ashes. Vienna snickers not–so–politely behind him, but he actually makes an effort not to notice that.

Caprice makes a squawking noise that's supposed to resemble Leilani's voice. It doesn't.

And where's — oh.

"Heya! Do ya have any matches?" Sagittaria asks me brightly. I jump, not expecting her to be right behind me.

"Are you psycho?" I ask her with a stifled sigh. Her short bloodred hair is sticking in every direction, and I can't help noticing that she has hair stuck to her lashes. I doubt she noticed it.

For a second, I wonder if I should lean forward and pick the strand of hair off her lashes. Then again, we have no more need for a fake relationship here, and this action seems ... a bit too intimate for a friendship?

"I can't help picking it up," Sagittaria says with a sly smirk.

"Are you blaming this on your sisters?" I ask, widening my eyes in false surprise.

Sagittaria lifts a hand and pushes her hair back from her eyes; the strand of hair attached to her eyelashes comes unstuck. That's an odd thing to notice.

"Maybe," Sagittaria muses, "but I usually can get away with it!" Her lips stretch in a wide smile and I remember why I liked her in the first place; she's so vibrant and full of life and not like her wanna–be psychopaths of sisters.

"Of course you can," I suppress a snort. Exceptions are always made for the Holy Shipper. Provided, of course, that she knows things that shouldn't see the light of day.

I see Sagittaria's face morph into a slight scowl as Carina clears her throat.

"Okay, lovebirds," Sagittaria's rival says coolly, "I suggest you shut your gaping traps and listen."

The tall brunette girl glides past me towards Sagittaria, who flips Carina off and whispers sweetly, "Do you know, I'm not too bad at your art myself. Are you sure there's nothing you failed to cover up?"

Carina just smiles eerily, "You're bluffing. In fact, there are things you don't know about your own family. Think you know everything about Aquaria? Oh, please. And Caprice, oh, Capri. Where do I begin? Please don't tell me you know even a little bit about dear Caprice."

"Seriously, girls?" I roll my eyes, "Miasma did just wake up, so it probably would be wise to listen to her."

Leilani is kneeling next to Miasma, affecting a very concerned expression, but she's thinking exactly what we are all thinking. Great, the grumpy boss is up.