16 - Roles Reversed

Aquaria

Aquaria

Tensions are running very high, to say the least. We're all going slightly insane. Ari looks a second away from ripping Pisces's throat out, and I'm kind of his guard. Sagittaria, the Holy Shipper, scribbles in her notepad rapidly, I don't even know where she got that pencil from. I fume in the corner of a storage room that seems too small for all of us, pacing.

Pisces nods at me, smirking and keeping an eye on Ari.

I sigh and check for Scorpio. Never turn your back on your enemy, after all. That saying has served me well over the years.

Pisces follows my glance and mouths paranoid. I glare at him. Yes, I am paranoid. So?

"Sometimes," I grumble, "I think you want me to make up with the Darktales because you like Carina."

Pisces shifts closer as I glance at Sagittaria, since Taurus and Gemi are busy getting ready while Leo rummages for hairspray.

"You know," muses Pisces quietly, his tone carrying an undercurrent of danger, "love and hate are quite similar."

He moves closer. I'm imagining stabbing him. "They're both rooted in passion. And you know, the line blurs over time."

You know, I'm called a psycho for different reasons. One of them is that I bottle up all my emotions and lock them away. Eventually, it's easy to pretend my emotions didn't exist. But one of those emotions doesn't stay put. Anger. And anger finds a weak spot in my defenses and explodes outward. And, well, I hurt something. Or someone.

I grit my teeth, reining in my anger and whatever else threatens to burst out, since I don't remember what emotion that is. Calm. Down. Take it out on Scorpio. Just don't take it out on Pisces. Imagine slipping a knife between Scorpio's ribs. Calmer? Good. 

Which is when I realize that it's daytime, that I'm only awake for a few hours during the day, and that this is going to mess up my sleep schedule. Who knows what the hell I'll say.

"Pisces," I slowly manage to spit out, not trusting what will come out of my mouth, "you just went too far." Before I can slit his throat, Aviva strides into the storage room. "I am aware of your little rivalries, but the only thing that's important to me right now is your safety. You'll stay right here," she says.

The room is a storage room. Just big enough to fit us twelve, and we're staying here until the fight is all sorted out.

Miserably, Nia curls up on a blanket and whines, "I don't wanna stay here."

"Yeah," Vienna says. "They're gonna lose the battle, you know?"

Taurus frowns. "You're right. This base won't take long to cover, they'll find us here all wrapped up in a bow like a can of sardines."

Nia huffs, because cans of sardines aren't tied in bows.

"Exactly," Leilani says. "We ... we've gotta escape."