Chapter 1 [Lost and scared]

Colossians 3:19
"Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them."

Aaliyah

Trigger Warning: Abuse!

My face was numb and my mind, gone blank while i listened to him scream his favourite slurs at me. Tears streamed down my face as i took it all in. Allowing him to take out his anger on me yet again...

"Its the last time Aaliyah, i promise okay?"

I remembered him saying to me while he moved closer to me one more time with the look of Lucifer in his eyes. I backed further up on the bed, scared to death of what he would do next.

"Please forgive me Aaliyah.. i love you, you know that?"

He would say after every time. I couldn't help but wonder what he would say this after this time.

He jumped on the bed and grabbed me by my arms. His grip was tight and painful. I struggled and pushed myself around, trying to get him off of me.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU HUH?!". He Screamed while his face was an inch away from mine. I can smell the Jack Daniels and Rum on his pungent breath. He is drunk. I know it. He is drunk... again. He lifted up his hand and struck me once.

I screamed out in agonising pain, It burned and made my face hot but unfortunately my body has already become use to this type of treatment. "Please... I'm sorry.. Austin please..." I begged him, but it didn't matter. When he is mad he see's nothing but red.

My Body sank straight into the bed as he hit me once again... and again... and again. Until he realised exactly what it was that he was doing to me. My cry became louder and louder as my mouth bled endlessly. He took deep breaths in while slowly backing off of my body. He turned his body around to face away from me. He can never look straight at me whenever he does this, it only reminds him of the monster he has become. My body is shuddering on the corner of the bed and i am trying to gain my breath once again. A few minutes pass by and he is still standing there, with his back turned to me. just breathing.. Our breaths fill up the room to the point that it makes me feel claustrophobic. But i just stay there.... waiting for him to make the first move. It has become a routine, a dance that i have mastered, our forbidden tango.

He takes one final pain staking deep breath in and then turns to face me. His face shapes into a frown when he sees the result of his acts, the deep coloured scars that he has painted on my canvas. My expression is blank. He doesn't have to see me sad to know that I'm in pain, to know he caused me the pain is what hurts him the most. He puts out his hand to me and slowly walks up towards me. My body gives me its sign of danger and i twitch as he gets closer. Now he is here. Right beside me. He is holding me towards his chest again.. rubbing my head with his comforting hands, those soothing hands that have caused the most detrimental damage to me.

He is kissing the top of my head as he sends out broken promise after broken promise. "Never. Again, Aaliyah..." "I'm going to get help, this needs to stop." as he send out his broken lies " I love you Aaliyah.. i love you" as he sends out his broken apologies " I'm so sorry my love. I'm sorry." He is Pathetic..... I am pathetic, because all of his broken commitments and words were enough for me to break down in the arms of my abuser and tell him......

"I love you too..."

*3 years earlier
Aaliyah
"Aaliyah get down here, someone is at the door for you."