Chapter 29 [The storm shall pass]

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Aaliyah

"All are being urged to stay in their homes as the weather conditions have been deemed extremely dangerous to drive in... The storm is predicted to last during the night however tomorrow we will be greated by a sun that brings temperatures of 30 degrees..."

Maleek ran a hand over his waves in frustration as he turned off the radio. Storm? I have a birthday to get to! One that ive been planning for months on end... I grunt and My legs start to shake with anger, not only is this party my 22nd birthday but i spent the most money on it! I throw my head back in frustration

Maleek left the room and made a phone call to april telling her what happened, then came back when he saw me panicking.

"Hey, calm down.. its gonna be okay." He said while walking over to me and putting a calming hand on my arm. I looked up at him with rage in my eyes.

"How do you know! I have a party that im expected to be at tomorrow, work that is meant to be done and the last thing i need is to be here!" I yelled out, then i turned back towards the table and put my head down on it.

"Aaliyah, im telling you its gonna be fine, you don't think that im worried? Ive got a business to run but i still understand that God will let this storm pass, so please just calm down, lets go to the living room."

Maleek put the food in the oven a few minutes ago then joined me in the small living room. The rain started to pick up now and brought its friend, thunder with it. He dwarfed everything in this room and made it look 10x smaller, I expected him to sit on the couch opposite me but just to my luck he chose to sit on the same one as me taking up all the space. I gave him a cringy smile and then braved myself to turn to him.

"So.... tell me some more about you maleek." I took off my shoes and sat on my crossed legs facing toward him, excited to hear more...

"Tell me what you want to know." He sat back into the couch.

"Tell me about the old Maleek." He almost cringed at the thought of it

"What?" He asked me, but i know he knew exactly what i wanted to know .

"You know, what was your life like before God? What was the biggest demon you were fighting" He puffed out a breath of air and then looked away from me.

"I was just a typical worldly man, i use to be a heavy drinker, i would spend nights at strip clubs with old friends, I would smoke heavy too.. That was the biggest thing for me, a blunt would make me fold faster than anything else. Sometimes i still fall into that sin but.... its been 5 months now.."

I suppressed all the emotions that were bubbling up because he is actually opening up. He is letting me break his number 1 rule, he wants me to break his number 1. rule

"...its weird to even talk about it, whenever i see who i use to be, it makes me never wanna turn back."

"You should be a pastor." He laughs and his shoulders bounce up and down.

"No seriously.." I say giving him a serious look.

"You think?" He asks me

"Yeah, you obviously have the holy spirit in you and your passion for christ is outstanding.." Maleek would make an excellent pastor, he is so amazing at talking about God and the Gospel, He has so much Knowledge and wisdom at such a young age and He isnt afraid to stand by the word of God.