Chapter 33 [the morning after ]

Matthew 19:14

"But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

Aaliyah

The sun is my alarm clock and wakes me up. My face is slapped with a smile so big, kind of surprising after yesterday and the whole my friends neglecting me and stuff, but my mind isnt set on anything but Maleek... or should i say my new boyfriend. Wait my new boyfriend? Its all just settling in now.. im dating.. my boss?

I hope this wont interfere with work. Oh my- WORK! i didnt even think about how this would affect work, if i make it to the top and people find out im dating my boss, they are going to think he's the only reason im there.I take a deep breath out and lift myself out of my bed.

"Okay just calm down Aaliyah, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.. You can do this."

"You finally awake?" My heart dropped to my stomach as i heard a deep muffled voice coming from my bed. I quickly looked all around the room, I'm kind of scared right now, I'm not gonna lie... Then i looked under my pillow and see Maleek's face smiling at me on facetime. He had a coffee in his hand and i could see he was in some type of apartment.

"You scared the life out of me.."

"You forgot that we were on FaceTime?"

"Yes... im not gonna lie i really did.." Then it all comes flowing back to me, after the party was over, he dropped me home and even then we couldnt stop talking, I gave him my number and we stayed on Facaetime until we fell asleep. One thing i learned is that he wakes up super early..

"You snore when you sleep you know that?"

"Your supposed to say its cute."

"Commandment number 9 , Do not lie" I stick out my tongue at him and he gives me a grin..

"look aaliyah, yesterday was full of emotions and crappy mocktails, but if you dont want to be with me, if you arent ready.. just let me know." I got up and went to the bathroom, i took out my brush and brushed my teeth.

"First of all those mocktails were amazing, second of all.. i  thought of the whole thing and... im okay with it all, if anything im excited." I say while spitting the toothpaste out. I can hear a relieving breath come out of his mouth

"Why are you up so early?" I asked him while getting the shower ready and my clothes for today.

"This thing called work." He said sarcastically...

"Gym doesn't open for another hour, whats keeping you up."

"Okay, i dont want to be pushy, but i need to make sure that you aren't neglecting your relationship with God while you are in this relationship with me. For this to really work, God needs to be Number one on Both sides... Can you honestly say you love God more than you love me?" With Austin it was always the other way around... Men can never be satisfied but this was definitely food for thought.

"So now that we have an hour before we have to get to work, im thinking that we do some bible study?" This is actually an amazing idea.

"I need to quickly take a shower and get myself together, give me 30 minutes and i will call you back." I cut the call and get into the shower, excited for the day...

*

"So Matthew is the first of the new testament books, the first book of the 4 gospels.."