Chapter 35 [ Snatch them out of the Fire]

1 Peter 4:8

"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins."

Aaliyah

He picks up something from the side of the car door and hands it to me, he hands me some sour watermelon candies and my face lit up with joy... Thank God Ace fell fast asleep as soon as he came into the warm car or else i would've had to share..

"So do you want any kids one day?" I ask him while picking into the bag of watermelon sour candies and chewing on it.

"If that's what God wants for me then so be it." Maleek looks at my jaw chewing on the candy and when i see both of his hands are being occupied by the wheel i grab a piece of candy and put it on his lips. He moved his head forward to eat it and playfully bit my fingers in the process, causing me to let out a giggle.

"That's dangerous, stop it." I said while shaking my head and letting out a laugh. Since this we are finally in a relationship, its important we dont go crazy and that we set boundaries... No touching.

"How many kids would you want?" I asked him while eating another piece of candy..

"Is 7 too much?" I almost choke on my candy as i hear that. 7 CHILDREN?! I hope he doesnt expect me to have all of them.

"I will take that as a yes..." He said while hearing me in shock at that.

"You wanna be father Abraham so bad." He bursts out laughing..

"Well i guess that makes you my sarai?" Smooth.

"Not if thats means im having all them kids, you can call Hagar for that." This makes his deep laugh get even louder

"But why 7?" I asked him, looking outside the window at the gorgeous outside, all the multi colored lights, bridges, buildings.. its so beautiful.

"Ive always only had Ace.. and with my family being who they are, i have always wanted to get my family correct, have all my children be close, like best friends you know?" I laugh at how much i can relate to this right now, i couldnt wait to have kids to be a better of an example.. No favouritism, no making my babies work hard jobs at 15.. But i sure wouldnt have 7 to do that...

"I get it." We stopped at a traffic light and he pulled out his phone to open spotify.. I turned my face away from the screen as he put his pin in. "Why you hiding?" He says while smirking at me, i started to blush

"Maleek... im scared." I could see him peak at me from the corner of his eye, a look of concern wipes his face.

"Your scared?" He asked.

"My sister, i tried to talk to her today, she told me she didnt want to get baptised, that she didnt have any interest in changing her life...." I swallowed hard and tried to hold in tears. One of his hands moved to my knee and rubbed it, comforting me.

"...She's going to go to hell maleek if she doesnt change maleek, and she doesnt want to..." A tear drops from my eye and spills onto my cheek. I turn to the window to hide myself. His face turns to me and he uses the hand that was on my knee to turn my face to him

. "...She doesnt know what is to come.. When i try to tell her she doesnt care, Maleek."

"Aaliyah." His Voice says faintly as he turns down the music on the radio.

"I dont want my twin sister to go to hell. I dont want her to g-" Tears... they fall uncontrollably. Soaking my face completely. Others may not understand this but ever since ive been learning more and more about hell, the last thing i want is for my sister, my family, my friends to experience it. I cant handle that. I just cant. Maleek pulls the car over and we are parked within the dancing lights of the city. Maleek looks me in the eyes and it feels like he is staring into my soul.

"You have done more than enough."

"No..." I say while my voice cracks,

"You did all that you could. You talked to her, told her the dangers you warned her, tried to help her... you did all that you could." He puts a hand on my face and his whole hand engulfs my face. i shake my head relentlessly, its not good enough that i could just tell her about it. Anybody could inform people about hell but the fact that i couldnt even save my own sister, what kind of faith is that?

"I couldve saved h-"

"Stop it, dont you dare." He used the cupping hand's thumb to swipe my tears away.

"God is so proud that you even talked about it. The truth is you cant save anybody, only Jesus can do that. you can only try to lead as many souls as possible to christ... Look at me" He said when i tried to turn my face away

" you did well." He holds that eye contact for an uncomfortable amount of time before he turned back to the road and continued

"with my mom.." he clear his throat in a way that told me they weren't close. I couldn't help but feel sympathy for him. first his father and now his mother? God i pray you give him rest.

"... she used to be the symbol of purity and holiness. You couldn't find a flaw in her if you tried." He scoffed and shook his head while his fingers nervously play the beat on the wheel.

" she help me get to where I am with my feet she pushed me to be the Christian I am today, but now? She's on a scary path that leads the same way that your sister is going."

My heart weeped for him when I saw his face be dressed with sadness for a brief moment before it returned to its previous state.

" I love my mother and I want nothing more than for her to make it to Heaven I've told her this millions of times before... but then the drinking started the stress started her not trusting God started and it all spiral down from there.." his voice got deeper and he took a second before he looked to me and said

"but one thing I had to accept was, that you can only sow a seed and leave the rest to God and thats all you did." I took a few deep breaths as his warm palm supports me, rubbing my face, as his solace mouth soothes me with easing bible verses, his eyes looking deep into my spirit, talking directly to my soul not my flesh.

"Thank you." I say trying to bring myself back to normality.

"Of course, My love.. This is what im here for, to help you." He made sure i was okay before he faced the road again and began to drive. He played 'God is proud of you' by Tasha combs and i felt all the tension on my shoulders release.

I looked over my shoulder, praying i didn't wake up Ace from his sleep. His eyes were zipped shut and he looked fast asleep.

I looked forward and closed my eyes, until i felt a small hand fall on my shoulder and its little fingers beginning to rub my shoulder, I squeezed it and attempted to go to sleep. I thanked God and looked around at the scene around me... I love this, this whole thing i love it. At first i was quite nervous for this whole thing, for the wife thing or the kid thing but...

This just showed me, i have never been more prepared.

*

Hey Everybody! Hope you loved this chapter who else wishes they had their own Maleek? if you did please comment and please please vote

God Bless :)