Chapter 4 [You will never be him]

2 Corinthians 6:14

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

3 years earlier

Aaliyah

"Austin, please stop it" I pushed his shoulder away from me as he tried to kiss me on my check. We are walking down the path in the park surrounded by a party of orange and brown leaves. Its evening and the sun is almost setting. He has one arm around my waist and is constantly trying to pull me in for kisses.

"You know i cant stop when I'm around you Aaliyah.. its actually your fault" He says while giving me a smart smile and shaking his head?

"wait now hold on, how is this my fault?" I say with a baffled look on my face.

"Because when you come around me smelling like that and looking like that you know that i just cant resist" he brings his face into my my neck and nuzzles it around, tickling me a little bit.

The wind makes the leaves hit off of our bodies as we spend hours just walking around the park talking about anything we can have a conversation about. His favourite colour, my favourite hobby, how many family members he has, how many friends i had, his biggest fears my biggest regrets... The sky is going dim now and we are sitting on the park bench. There are other couples and families playing in the leaves and enjoying the atmosphere. Couple watching is our favorite hobby.

"Do you ever want to get married?" i say while leaning against his shoulder now, my head in his neck.

"I never really thought about it you know?" Ouch.

"You couldn't ever see yourself marrying me?" I look up to his face and now its in a frown staring at me.

"Well Aaliyah there is more to it than that, you know how i feel about marriage because of my parents and besides would you even want to be married to someone who isn't a Christian?"

Austin had a horrible childhood. His father was abusive and he constantly heard his mother being violated and beaten as a young boy. My stomach turned when he first told me what he would do. I was a bit nervous that he would turn out the same as his father but he would never hit me.

He loves me too much and i love him.

"Aaliyah..." He nudged me on my shoulder, I must've been daydreaming. I never really considered the whole Christian thing, especially since I have been the best in my own faith. Why the hell did i ask a question that I cant even answer myself.

"sorry... but you wouldn't consider converting? not even for me?"

"no Aaliyah. I just don't believe that God exists, if he did then why-"

"He does..."

"He doesn't exist Aaliyah."

"He-" 

"You know what never mind.. lets just focus on the now for now." A smile split on his face and he kissed my forehead. I leaned my head back into his shoulder

"Do you want to talk about him?" i ask him.

"No. He's an idiot for what he did to my mother. I dont even know where he is but i do know where my mom always is and thats in my corner all the time. It will always be my mom and me against the world. There's nothing else to talk about." I can feel his breath pick up and i rub his arm gently.

"You will never be like him austin." He looked in my eyes and i could see the venerability seep through them.

"You wont. You are too good, too kind, too loving to turn out like an abusive monster." I saw a group of tears in his eyes ready to run free. Until one finally dropped. and then another, then another... before he buried his face in my neck and i comforted him as he broke down in my arms.

"I love you aaliyah." he said while breaking down with each word. "so much.."

"I love you too Austin. "

"Forever..."

*

Hey everybody!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Please please please do vote and comment so i can know what to change.

God bless :)