Chapter 38 [I love you Aaliyah Johnson]

Colossians 1:16

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him."

A/N: Please listen to the given sound, it really helps bring the imagery alive especially at the end. ;) Also this is a long chapter, i know its been a while since i have last updated so here it is to make it up to you :)

Aaliyah

The woman i am looking at,  the woman ahead of me in my mirror is the most beautiful i have ever seen. She has a brand new golden smile, her eyes are lit up a beautiful chocolate brown and her lips are plump and pink with a toothbrush stuck in between them. Her skin is a gorgeous shade of russet brown and her hair is in long newly done black butterfly locs , I can look at this woman, dressed in her vibrant sky blue lilo and stitch fluffy pyjama's, this woman is a whole new person.

She isnt adorned in black and blue scars, she doesnt have to cover her body in concealer and makeup, she is new. She is new in christ, i have been on this high ever since i got reborn, i have felt like i was on top of the world, this is a feeling i never want to disappear. Knowing i can go to sleep tonight without having to constantly have to worry about an abusive boyfriends hands being around my neck when i wake up. God has freed me from it all, i am just so thankful.

I spit out the toothpaste and use some mouthwash, I gargle it and look back to my bedroom and see the warm bed and comfy pillows that i prepared for this sleep. I mean really, i am so blessed, I have the best boyfriend, a God that has my back and a wonderful job. The amount of bliss i have right now is almost sinful. I spit the mouthwash out and put on my bonnet, ready to jump into bed. I slip under the covers and close my eyes, feeling myself drifting into the most restful sleep.

Ping.

What in the- Ignore it. Just ignore it aaliyah, go back to sleep.

Ping.

Ugh! Peaceful sleep, this will be a peaceful sleep. Just ignore it and it will go away.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sounds of loud car horns almost deafen me and it causes me to rush downstairs and check what kind of mad man would do this at 10pm in the night! The horn beeps sounding louder each time, i whip the front door open and find my eyes rolling to the back of my head when i realise who's car it is.

Maleek waves at me through the car window and has a cheeky smile on his face. I shake my head and slam the door closed. I will not allow this to ruin my night.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

This man has lost his mind!

I put my slippers on and swing the door open. I lock the door and run outside and he opens the car door for me.

"Hello stitch." He says with a cheery smile on his face. He has a plain black essential hoodie on and a pair of loose black joggers, he is wearing a shiny black durag and his beard is lined up.

"what is wrong with you!" I punch his arm which surprisingly does nothing to him, he grabs my hand before i can do it again and kisses my palm lightly

"You came all the way down to my place at 10pm, beeped the horn like a mad man , made me come outside in my pj's waking me up from a beautiful sleep just to kiss my hand? And what do you intend to do, dressing up in all black like you want to rob a bank."