Chapter 18 [Angels.]

Hello everybody! Before i get into this chapter i just wanted to remind you guys that because this book is about a spiritual journey, it will mainly be in Aaliyah's Pov. Other characters such as her father and her mother and sister are not as important to the plot from now on so you wont be hearing about them as much. I also wanted to remind you guys that i am correcting and editing things as i go such as chapter 11 so please excuse any errors. If you are liking this story i want to remind you how much a vote and comment means to me :) God bless and enjoy...

Aaliyah

"Can i grab a quick word, sister?" I look to the window and see the pastor tapping on the window with a bible in his hand, he had a smile on his face and raised an eyebrow while waiting for my reply.

"It wont be a second." He said in his thick southern accent. I watched him say as his breath fogged up the window.

Just great.

"So tell me what brings you to the house of the lord today, miss...?"

"Aaliyah, sir."

"Aaliyah." He asks me with his arms folded while leaning forward on his chair. We are in an empty room in the church, by now most of the people have left already and the church is very quiet and peaceful.

Pastor Troy is sitting in the seat in front of me, He has a matured look to him. I would guess he is in his early 70's, he has a bit of stubble with a mix of black and grey hairs, Short grey hair Dark skin and pearly white teeth.

He is heavy set and wears a navy blue suit with a jet black shirt and a red tie underneath it with matching blue bottoms.

"I don't really know, i guess you can say i just felt like coming..." I told him while playing with my fingers anxiously and looking anywhere but at him.

He let out a low sound and had given me a few minutes of silence before saying anything, I looked up and he was still looking at me with a pure smile on his face, just waiting for me to continue.. I let out a sigh and looked back down.

"I saw something." I blurted out, going back to playing with my fingers again.

"You saw something?" He said in a questioning voice. I felt this was the perfect time to ask him about the thing i saw in my room the day Austin left. He is probably going to judge me and maybe even think I'm crazy, why did i even mention this? I kept quiet for a while and he adjusted himself in his chair.

"Okay.. you saw something. Can you describe what you saw Aaliyah?" His voice became soft and felt harmless, but this man is still a stranger to me. I don't know if I can tell him things like this.

Silence filled the room again.

"Alright. Lets try this..." He says while scooting his chair a little closer to mine.

"...when i was a little boy, many, many years ago, i remember one night back when i was living in the south, the times were really rough when i was younger. It was just a few years before segregation had ended. Things were horrible then , Aaliyah, as a young black man, not being allowed to sit in certain places, not being allowed to even share the same bathroom with someone..."

His face was in a sad daze when i finally looked up to him. Almost like he had been day dreaming about something.

".. i watched my father be beat black and blue for  trying to sneak me and my siblings into a whites only swimming pool, but i remember that same night when i was crying and breaking down on the streets while my mother was trying to get my younger siblings away from the scene. I refused to go back home without my father, so i just stayed and watched the awful sight ahead of me..."

A lump was caught in my throat at the thought of such a thing. My mind immediately jumped to Austin and how he watched his mother be beaten by his father, defenceless and hopeless. God- i mean Gosh... Gosh i hope he is okay.

"I remember so distinctively someone walking up to me. It was such a long time ago i cant even remember what their face looked like. They had on a long brown coat with a white shirt on and i can just remember he had on a pair of sunglasses and guided me out of that swimming area. He asked me what my name was and how old i was, then told me I will be safe and talked to me for a few minutes after that."

He looked back at me with a solace look on his face.

"Then what happened?" I asked, releasing my fingers from their own grip

he let out a low laugh "then.. He disappeared, young lady." He started laughing and i couldn't help but join him.

"He... disappeared? just like that? "

"Yes, I remember my mother calling for me when she came back from hiding my siblings, she gave me the tightest hug and asked me where i was. I turned around to show her the man that kept me safe and he was gone. I ran around the area looking for him and he was no where to be found."

My hand immediately came over my mouth and my eyes bugged open as he nodded to my reaction.

"You see i never knew what that was aaliyah. Until i got older and started studying the word of God myself and realised i had encountered an angel."

Angel? it couldn't have been an angel.

"...It was a figure. Definitely a figure..." I told him while dropping my hands my sides. I saw a relieving smile split on his face..

"Go on." He said in a light voice.

"It was bright, and i may sound crazy but i could've promised it said its okay twice... and it told me to be in peace." His smile became wider and his eyes opened in amazement.

"Well.. young lady, i think you were just blessed to see an angel and in the most spectacular way.."

My mouth dropped to the floor, i didn't even know what to say.

"Spectacular..?" I say now chewing on my lip out of anxiousness.

"Yes! Actually a lot of people encounter angels but they don't actually see them as that. They are sent to protect us in times where we are in distress or in danger, Maybe if you think back to the time you saw it you can recall that it was around a time in your life where you were not in peace right?"

I couldn't even answer him. I just started thinking back to the time i saw it. Oh my gosh! Just before that Austin was trying to attack me. It was an angel. Did i just see an angel? I just saw a real life angel! This was such a different feeling. I felt panicked and grateful, scared and at peace, shocked and amazed all at once.

"Other people They see them in human form just like i did......shapeshifting. Have you ever heard about it?" Pastor continued.

we spent the rest of the evening talking about what i saw and with every sentence i became more and more  shocked. It was amazing experience and made me want to get even closer to God. The fact he would bless me as much as he did to allow me to see that left me dumbfounded.

About an hour passed by and i got my keys from my pocket as i stood up to reach the door.

"Thank you so much for this Pastor troy, it really helped me." He took my hand and shook it with a bright grin on his face

" Its been my pleasure young lady, so can i expect to see you next Sunday?" I never really thought about coming back but with everybody being so kind i may have to return.

"Yes. Yes you can expect me to come back."

*

Hey everybody, Please vote and comment :)

God bless and stay safe x