Chapter 33 - Watch it, Midoriya

The next week flew by with head-spinning efficiency, you and shoto had been training both at school and at home to prepare for the festival, but there was one thing that had been bothering you.

It was shoto.

He seemed to not really care that you watched him train or helping you train, it made you feel like he didn't see you as actual competition, but you were determined to prove him wrong.

The day before the sports festival was annoying, you were the only person able to keep katsuki in check when he decided to go on his tirade about winning to the other classes that had come to scout out the competition.

The fact that you were the one bringing katsuki down from his high horse made you unknowingly catch the attention of a purple haired general studies student.

Shoto also seemed to have his own resolve, which only came during a conversation that took place the night before the festival, where you revealed what you had seen during the fight at USJ, and that it was now certain that Midoriya had a connection to all might, though you weren't sure exactly what it was. Shoto took note of this and this seemed to make him mentally place a target on midoriya, mentioning that he might be the one he needs to beat, which only served to piss you off more.

The morning of the festival was chaos, you were stopped by reporters multiple times on the way to the school, and once you were in class, aizawa ordered you to go change into your P.E uniforms. you changed quickly and went to find shoto, having a bad feeling about his interest in beating midorya.

You found him just as he was walking into the common room, where he called out midoriya's name.

Everyone stopped and stared as shoto began, "from an objective standpoint, I think it's clear that I am stronger than you."

What?

The flustered midorya agreed, and you almost felt bad as Shoto continued, talking about all might having a connection to midorya, and declaring that he would be beat.

Kirishima quickly stood up to defend midorya, but Shoto shrugged him off and stated that this wasn't about making friends, and walked out without another word before Midoriya stopped him.

He began to talk about the competition, and ended it by telling shoto that he would be going for the top as well. As much of an asshole as shoto was being, you crossed your arms in an intimidating stance and spoke, "watch it, Midoriya"

As shoto walked out, Midoriya looked at you, "I'll be going after you, too"

You chuckled, "don't push your luck. you've got more than enough people looking to beat you already."

-