Chapter 45 - Trial

The bell rang as the last class of the day ended, you walked toward the train station with Shoto holding your hand after turning in your choices. You stopped at a cafe near your home to grab dinner to go, you asked Shoto to wait inside while you went to the convenience store next door. when the doors closed behind you, you grabbed your phone and dialed a number when you walked into the store.

The voice answered as you browsed the shelves, "This is Hawks,"

"Hawks, its L/n, did you receive my choice yet?" you asked,

"Pulling up now kid, ah, here it is, the famous and amazing Hawks' agency I see, good choice"

"Yeah, remember this is just a trial," you confirmed as you started to pay for the items you picked up, "But either way, let me know what I need to bring, and I'll see you on Monday,"

"You got it, kid, since your my intern now, shouldn't you be calling me hawks-sense-"

*click*

You rubbed your temples in frustration as Shoto came out of the cafe with a plastic bag, "You alright, love?"

"Yeah, just have this massive headache, it feels like an annoying bird is shrilling in my ears..."

--

"Everyone has their costumes, right? remember you cant wear them in public, and don't lose them or anything" Aizawa instructed the class who stood at the train station.

Everyone excitedly agreed, before scattering along to the different platforms, you looked up at shoto, "Headed to Musutafu?"

"Yeah, my father is waiting for me already" shoto replied, "and you?"

"Kyushu"

"...That far?" he asked sadly, "I hoped we would be able to see each other"

You sighed, "I know, I'm gonna miss you too sho, but it's only for a week, okay?"

He nodded and hugged you for a long time, before breaking away and giving you a long kiss. You waved goodbye as you walked to your platform, disheartened but excited to start.

-

When you finally arrived at the first stop, you could see the first hints of dusk starting to show. you'd been on the train for over three hours already, you went to buy something to eat while waiting for your next train, when you got a phone call.

"Hey kid, how long until you get here?"

"About 4 hours, I'm stuck near Oyakama for a bit, could your damn agency be any farther? you'll probably have to send someone to pick me up, I won't be there until after dark" you groaned, taking a bite of your sandwich.

Hawks laughed, "not to worry kid, go ahead and turn around"

Hawks appeared behind you and you dropped your sandwich, "You bastard! You owe me a new sandwich!"

He put his hands up, "I'll treat you to dinner when we get there, come on"

"What are you, an escort?" you scoffed,

He didn't answer until you reached outside, "Something like that, now hang on tight!" he grabbed you by the waist and suddenly flew upward.

You screamed louder than ever before, clutching onto his stupid jacket like a lifeline, and he just laughed.

-

Almost an hour later, he dropped you off at the agency, and you immediately fell to your knees, thankful to feel the solid ground, "I... I hate you" you said, out of breath

Once you collected your thoughts and recovered physically, Hawks took you into the agency, explaining what you were supposed to be doing, where certain things were, and introduced you to a few people in the agency, before taking you into his private office.

He handed you a sheet of paper with a schedule on it, endurance, then quirk training, strength training, intelligence training, then the rest of the day you would be shadowing Hawks as he patrolled the city. there was no 'end' time, and when you asked, Hawks chuckled,

"There is no end, you'll be on patrol with me until it's done, sometimes it ends at nine pm, sometimes we'll be out all night. It all depends."

You groaned, but agreed, and someone knocked on the door. a tall, nicely dressed woman entered, "Boss, you wanted to see me?"

"Ah, yes, come in," he motioned, "Y/n, this is Masako, I wanted to discuss where you'll be staying for the week. You can either stay with me in my guest room or if not, Masako volunteered to let you stay with her-"

"I'll stay with her!" you said faster than you wanted to, "If that's still alright with you, Masako-San?"

Masako smiled, "Boss, she really can stay with me"

Hawks shook his head, "No, that's all, you can leave now Masako, thanks"

--

You looked at him, cocking your head slightly, "What was that?"

"I was kidding kid. You're staying with me, you never know what the schedule is gonna look like. I'll take you over at the end of the day so leave your stuff in the locker room and get changed. We've got work to do"

"Nooo" you cried, sulking your way to the locker room and getting dressed into your hero uniform.

Taking a second to check your phone, you saw a message from Shoto asking how you were doing. You texted back that you were doing fine and asked the same question, before shutting your phone off and putting it in the designated pocket.

You walked around on patrol with hawks as the daylight started to fade, there hadn't been any crimes yet, so you lagged behind a bit and pulled out your phone, apparently Shoto said his father was going to Hosu city and he was getting dressed a few hours ago, but as you typed out a reply, your phone was snatched out of your hand,

"No phones kid, you'll get this back after training tomorrow"

You grumbled, "Whatever"

After watching him stop a few small crimes, the patrol was over around eleven, but during the patrol, you got this inexplicable feeling in your gut, like something was wrong. and the feeling didn't subside throughout the whole night. you could barely get any sleep that night.

At five am sharp hawks burst into your room, "Ready to start? Get ready, training starts at six, lets go"

The morning training was hell, they let you off easy and cut your training sessions short, but it was still grueling, you had to do endurance which included a lot of running.