Chapter 52 - On Your Own

Stepping back into your house felt like the only time you could relax, after the surprising battle of Katsuki and Midoriya against All-Might, Aizawa announced even those who had failed would be allowed to attend the training camp, and the class made a plan to meet at the mall the next day.

That night you had another meeting with the league, so Hawks picked you up and drove both of you to the hideout, where there was an eerie silence as Shigaraki was nowhere to be seen.

"Y/n, you passed your exam correct?" Kurogiri asked,

You let your body hang in a relaxed manner and nodded, "Naturally, is the plan still in action?"

"Yes" Kurogiri replied, "Remember your position and your tasks, that is all, you both are dismissed"

As Hawks drove you home he seemed serious, "Y/n, you know I'm not going to be around this time, you'll be on your own"

You stared straight ahead, "I know, I can handle it"

"Are you sure? I can cancel my mission and-"

"Hawks" You interrupted, "I said I can handle it, and I will"

-

A few days later, you sat at the pool with the girls from your class chatting about the upcoming camp.

"This is a nice thing to do before camp" Tsu said,

Yayorozu agreed, "What do you girls think the camp will be like?"

"It's UA, so I bet it'll be super glamorous!" Ashido grinned,

You sat at the edge of the pool lightly kicking your feet in the water and listening to them talk just as the door opened, revealing the boys from your class being led by Denki and Mineta.

They both looked dismayed to see all of you in your school swimsuits, and Shoto walked over to sit next to you.

You blinked for a second as he walked, 'oh my all-might...' you whispered to yourself.

"Sho! What are you guys doing here?" you asked, trying to pry your eyes away from the sight in front of you.

"Midoriya invited us to come do some endurance training" He replied

'Midoriya I owe you a new notebook, hell, I'll buy you a thousand for this'  you thought.

As quickly as they had arrived, the boys started to do endurance training while the girls continued to lounge.

"Seriously?" Mina sighed, "We're supposed to be relaxing before summer camp,"

You smiled, "Then let's relax! anyone up for a game of volleyball?"

Though it hard started off as a friendly game, the competitive nature of the girls of class 1-A soon took over and resulted in a fierce match. You, Mina, and Tsu were up against Yayorozu, Uraraka, and Jiro while Toru acted as a referee.

Everyone was intensely focused until the doors burst open revealing Katsuki and Eijiro, with Katsuki making his usual ruckus.

"Let's call it a draw, I wanna see what happens" Mina suggested, everyone nodded.

"Good game!" Yayorozu smiled

You turned your attention to katsuki, "Hey Pom! I didn't think you'd make it!"

"Don't call me that dumbass armory!" He growled, making you laugh

Katsuki then turned to Izuku to challenge him, and although he adamantly rejected it, Iida quickly took the opportunity to create a competition for the boys, which the girls watched in both interest and humor.

"Hey guys!" you shouted, "Let's play chicken!"

The whole class got riled up as people started to pair up, and soon enough, you and Shoto were in a fierce battle with Mina and Izuku.

"You're holding back!" she whined, "No fair!"

"Alright!" you said happily, as you used all the strength you could muster to push against Mina's hands, causing her to quickly fall back, effectively diving back into the water along with Izuku and solidifying your victory.

You pumped your fist in the air, "Victory is mine!"

Under you, Shoto began moving backward and leaning back, "Sho stop I'm gonna fall-"

SPLASH!

Despite your state of shock you shot out of the water to find Shoto looking at you before covering his mouth and chuckling. The entire class watched in awe even as you chased Shoto around the pool area.

"Those two bring out the best in each other, ribbit" Tsu said

"Pff whatever" Denki groaned, "They're too lovey dovey for their own good"

"Ribbit, You're jealous because you can't get girls to look your way, Kaminari" Tsu pointed out,

"Hey!"

A/N: Hey Hey Hey! Long time no...update? Sorry about that, and about the short chapter as well, I just wanted to get something out asap, I'm here with a life update, and a book update, skip over the next paragraph if you don't wanna read about my life, don't worry, I won't judge :P

So...Since I last left this book, It's gotten to over 35k reads!! Guys, I almost cried when I saw it, then I felt so much guilt leaving it when I did, I'm so sorry ~_~ Life has been kind of a rollercoaster since then, lots of things have happened but the important bits are that I'm almost done with my associates degree!! I'm graduating in may, and I couldn't be more excited, and I've got a big girl job now, it's a labor kind of job for a big company so it's pretty exhausting, but I'm making it work I think! School in the morning and work at night! Due to both of these circumstances, I've felt pretty mentally checked out from everything that isn't work or school, which is why I had to stop updating.

I'd like to say that I'm back, I managed to settle into a routine that's been giving me enough time to enjoy my hobbies after work and school, I can't promise a consistent update schedule because I feel like restricting myself like that might have contributed to my burnout, but I promise it'll be way more often than once every few months :P 

Hope you guys are ready, I'm excited to write the rest of this book! Okay, that's all for now, stay safe, drink water and get some rest you guys!

- Cer