Chapter 48 - Asset

As soon as the door shut, The atmosphere darkened as Aizawa spoke, "Y/n, you know this is going to be dangerous, and you have to maintain your cover. This isn't like any internship, or any pro missions you've ever known, going undercover will change you forever," He shifted his eyes to Hawks, "And you have to take care of her, no matter how much training you put her through, she's still young. inexperienced."

"Don't forget her high profile relationship, as well as her lineage, she can't exactly become an underground hero if something happens, so keeping her out of the spotlight is essential, Hawks," Nezu warned.

Hawks nodded and threw his arm around you casually, "No worries, I'll keep her safe, and the commission'll train her for any and every possible scenario,"

As Nezu walked Hawks out, Aizawa handed a stack of papers to you, his signature spot was blank, "Do you really know what you're getting yourself into? It seemed like they asked everyone but you"

The words hit you physically, and tears started to well in your eyes, "I refuse to be an accessory, I'll help take down the league and show my father, and everyone else that I am an asset, and I can help people." you answered without hesitating.

Aizawa stood, walking over to you and signing the paper, before putting his hand on your head, "Good answer, kid, I can't wait to see what you accomplish"

As he walked out, he turned back to you, "And don't expect any special treatment"

This gave you a genuine laugh, "I wouldn't dream of it sir"

-

Thoughts swirled in your head as you walked back to class, but you tried to push them away as you swung the door open, everyone looked up at you, and you smiled sheepishly as you quickly walked to your seat. Your desk was swarmed with your classmates asking what you were holding and what the meeting was about, but Aizawa quickly got their attention and told everyone to go get into their uniforms to get ready for hero training.

You shoved the papers into your backpack before following everyone to the locker rooms.

-

After hero training and Midoriya's surprising improvement, you stood in the locker room with the other girls changing back into your uniform.

"Whew! Training today sure was tough" Mina said

"Tell me about it, I never knew my stamina needed so much work," Tsu sighed

You groaned, "I know, I really have to work on my-"

"Shut it powerhouse," the girls said in unison, and you pouted, "I've got my faults too you know! my mobility and my reaction times suck"

The girls murmured in agreement, but Hagakure shushed everyone, "do you guys hear that?"

Everyone was quiet and still, and you could clearly hear Mineta going on about something and getting told off by Iida.

"-You can't stop me! I wanna see Yayorozu's curves, Ashido's slender waist, Hagakure's floating underwear, Uraraka's super fine body, and Y/n's perfect thighs and soft boobie-" Mineta was cut off by Jirou quickly plugging the hole with her headphone jack.

"Ugh! thanks Kyouka" Hagakure said.

"Despicable, we'll close up this hole immediately" Yayorozu spat.

"I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna put him six feet under!" you growled.

The only thing heard on the other side was the others trying to get Shoto to calm down and Mineta begging for mercy.

"Not if your fiancé does first.." Uraraka trailed off.

You'd messaged Shoto to wait for you in front of the school as you realized you'd forgotten your pencil case in the office, but just as you went to knock on the door, you heard a conversation between the teachers.

"Right, then let's talk about the teams, first off-"

you realized quickly you shouldn't be hearing this, but you couldn't help but keep listening, especially when they mentioned your name.

"We can pair Todoroki and L/n, its the most logical option, they'll be with All-Might, and-"

"Hey there!" Mirio popped out of nowhere, making you fall to the ground and let out a gasp,

"I wasn't trying to eavesdrop! I swear! I just forgot my pencil case" you said quietly.

The blond laughed, "yeah, I figured, here, now get out of here before anyone sees you, cheating on a final exam doesn't fly around here you know"

You quickly took your pencil case and bowed before running off to meet Shoto, "Final exam" you huffed, "me and you are partners,"

"What?"

The air in your lungs finally came back as you explained what you heard, and Shoto took it into consideration. Shoto agreed with you to not let it influence your training too much as you technically weren't supposed to know what the final exam would consist of.

Right after eating a quick lunch, you got your things ready to head to your internship, and Shoto was studying at his desk.

You went into his room and kissed his cheek, "I have to get going now, I love you"

He put his hand over yours, "Wait" he sighed, "What about studying? I know how badly you struggle, if you need help-"

"I'll be okay, Sho, I'm a big girl now" you tried not to show your nerves.

His voice turned into a warning tone, "Y/n, no matter how old you get, it's okay to admit if it still bothers you"

Shoto's stare made you drop the facade, "Yeah, I know, I'm going to try my best but I'll tell you if I need help"

He smiled, "Be safe, my love" before going back to studying.

After a quick train ride, Hawks picked you up outside the entrance, taking you to the hero commission headquarters, "I'm a little nervous," you admitted

"Don't be kid, just walk behind me and don't speak unless you're spoken to. this is just to get some stuff sorted before we start training."

The building was quiet and ominous, but all you did was head to a room where a few men in suits began to ask you questions, some kind of mental health assessment. After it was over you were given a uniform and asked to sign some forms, one of which stated that any serious injury or death while undercover wouldn't be the fault of the commission, and your hand shook as you wrote your signature.