Chapter 38 - Young Love?!

After the match, you walked up to Sero, "Hey Sero! you did great immobilizing shoto like that!! nice job!" you congratulated.

"T-Thanks Y/n!" he blushed.

Once that was done, you went to find Shoto, who was sitting at the end of an unlit corridor. You went and sat next to him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"It's okay Sho, things get to all of us sometimes, and Sero doesn't seem angry with you, he understands okay?" you comforted.

He looked over at you with a sad smile but nodded anyways before standing up and helping you up to pull you into a hug.

"I feel as though I don't thank you enough sometimes for always being in my corner, thank you, Y/n" he whispered.

You hugged him back, "I'm always here for you Sho, always"

The arena took a while to finish unfreezing and cleaning up, but soon it was once again time for the final battles.

The Fight between Kaminari and Shiozaki wasn't very interesting, but the blond-haired boy from the other class thought it would be funny to tease the class, which annoyed everyone.

The next one with Iida and Mei was slightly funny, with Iida ending up being used to show off her new gear, after she threw the match, you realized it was time for you to leave, and Shoto followed behind you as you went to the edge of the platform.

"Try not to kill him, my love" Shoto said, knowing you'd win.

You kissed his cheek, "I won't, wish me luck!"

He waited on the same platform that you waited on during his match, and Present Mic, unfortunately, took notice.

"Looks like Todoroki is on the platform supporting L/n! could this be the showings of young love?!" he yelled, and the crowd went crazy as you tried to maintain your composure while walking.

"And now it's time for the fifth match! A match-up between the sparkly man himself, Yuga Aoyama! and The beautiful human weapon arsenal herself, Y/n L/n! L/n has been the one to beat the entire festival! let's hope Aoyama can get some use from that belt!" present mic yelled

As soon as the match began, Aoyama began to fire his laser at you, which you easily dodged as you took out your paralyzing weapon.

"This might feel a little weird!" you warned,

You continued to dodge his laser right until his stomachache began, you rushed forward and slashed into his belt, only hard enough to break it and knick the skin slightly.

He froze in place and you ran forward, punching him square in the nose, making him fly and implant himself in the cement wall.

"Oops! sorry about that! I only meant to throw him out of bounds, I guess I don't know my own strength..." you said sheepishly.

"Look at that folks! She's the perfect combo of beauty, brains, and brawn!" Mic yelled as the crowd went insane.

You walked back up the platform and gave Shoto a high five, and you walked hand in hand back up to the class's seating area.

-

Tokoyami picked up the win in the next match, followed by the draw between Tetsutetsu and Kirishima.

Katsuki vs. Ochako was one that you weren't excited about. Knowing how Katsuki was in a fight made you nervous, so you and Shoto stood away from the rest of the class while you vented your worries.

After the battle was over, you were immensely proud of Ochako for how far she got and proud of Katsuki for winning.

She passed by you on her way back, "Hey! Uraraka, I know Katsuki is my best friend, but you did so well! I'm impressed."

She smiled widely at you and continued to walk.

After the tiebreaker with Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, it was time for the second round of battles to start, and first up was Shoto with Midorya, you were admittedly nervous, but you wanted to believe in Shoto.

You stood on the platform with Shoto, "You can do this, don't let him or Endeavor psyche you out Sho, if you need anything you look over at me, I'll support you the whole way through"

"I know, I have to go now," Shoto said, and you nodded, squeezing his hand before letting go and watching him walk over toward the arena.

The battle was intense, and painful for you to watch, it wasn't long before Shoto was starting to slow down, he was overusing his ice quirk.

When Shoto started to fly back, you could see it in his eyes, he was thinking about it again. You started screaming, "Shoto! Snap out of it! Please!"

But he was still refused, so you tried something else, "Shoto! It's not his power anymore! It's yours! So use it!"

You were almost out of breath from how loud you screamed, but Shoto finally looked up at you, before Midorya spoke, "She's right Todoroki, this is your power!"

When he stood up again, flames erupted from his body and you put your hand over your mouth to stifle a sob.

The moment was interrupted by Endeavor, you bit your lip in anger, and you looked up and yelled, "You have no credit! this is all him!"

The connecting blows overwhelmed the arena with a power that made you fall backward, "you did it, Sho" you smiled when you saw that Midorya was out of bounds, and Shoto had the entire left side of his uniform top ripped up completely, making you blush like crazy and run forward.

You took your uniform jacket off, leaving you in only your sports bra, and covered shoto with it while simultaneously tackling him to the ground in a hug.

"You did it! Shoto! that was incredible!" you yelled as the smog was beginning to clear up.

Shoto gasped, "Yeah- hey. Cover up what are you doing? Where's your jacket?" he asked, before seeing it over his shoulder.

He chuckled, "You care more about my modesty than yours?" he asked, and you nodded.

"Let's just go before the smoke clears up, come on!" you yelled, pulling him up and breaking into a sprint into the arena.