STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST

Seattle Grace is in shambles

Seattle Grace is in shambles. The residents, the attendings, the Chief. It is all just....a shit show.

Starting with the fact that Dr. Webber is no longer Chief and Derek has taken his place. Today is Derek's first day as Chief. Everyone is wondering what the hell he is going to do. We are all kind of mad at him about it. He went to the board and told them about Richard's drinking problem knowing he would get the job.

Alex, Lexie and I were walking down the hall when Jackson, Percy and Reed joined us. "Any of you know what this big meeting is about?" Jackson asked.

"I heard there was a coup." Reed added.

"Webber's out. Shepherd's in. Is that true?" Percy asked.

"We know what you know." Lexie replied, quickly.

"Bull. Your sister's married to the guy. You expect me to believe you don't know what's going on?" Jackson asked her.

"Don't you have your own loser friends to talk to?" Alex asked him. I was not saying anything on this matter.

"I also heard Shepherd plans to clean house. Maybe he'll start with you." Percy muttered.

"Dude, I'm safe. So is Flor. The guy is our roommate. You're the ones who should watch your backs." Alex snapped back. I think I am one of the last people Derek would fire.

"Why? What do you know?" Reed asked.

"Simple math. Shepherd hates the merger, you're from Mercy West. You're toast." Alex told her.

"Derek's not gonna fire people just because they're from Mercy West. He's not like that. He's loyal and fair." I finally spoke. They are panicking for no reason. If you are a good surgeon and haven't done anything to jeopardize the safety of this hospital, Derek will not fire you.

"Yeah, tell that to Webber." Jackson muttered.

We made it to the main floor where Derek was giving his starting speech. I stood next to Lexie and Alex. Jackson and his posse still trailed behind us.

Speaking of Jackson, things have been...interesting between us. We've been very busy, but we've been able to sneak quick moments in the on-call room. We haven't gone farther than shirts coming off. It's not intentionally like that, but anytime we try to go farther, we get paged or someone tries to come in. We've gotten smarter about locking the door. After the Meredith incident, we've been careful.

Mer keeps asking what's going on between us. There's nothing going on besides a couple of coworkers getting out pent up frustrations out with each other.

"I want to thank you all for being here. I know you're busy, so I'll try to make this quick. As you may have heard, I have been appointed the new interim Chief of surgery. It's my personal goal to make this transition as smooth as possible. I know we've had a rocky few months." Derek started.