PYT (PRETTY YOUNG THING)

Derek started his Alzheimer's clinical trial with Meredith

Derek started his Alzheimer's clinical trial with Meredith. First, he asked me but I turned him down choosing to focus on surgery. Then, he asked Alex. That one surprised me a bit. Alex started it but then hated it, so he went to Meredith. It works for her because neuro isn't her main choice but she enjoys it, so it allows her to get her feet wet. And it lets her work with her husband.

But now, Meredith has a choice. Webber is starting a diabetes clinical trial based off of her mother's research and he wants her on his. He feels he can't move forward with it without Mer.

"It's horrible." Meredith sighed. These are her problems.

"It's the opposite of horrible." I told her honestly.

"Alzheimer's or diabetes?" She then went on.

"If you continue to whine about how you can't decide which groundbreaking medical advancement to put your name on, i'll punch you in the ear." Cristina muttered.

"Well, my name's already on one of them, according to the Chief. I mean, diabetes-" Meredith went to say but Lexie cut her off.

"Affects 240 million people worldwide."

"And Alzheimer's-" She then spoke but Lexie cut her off again.

"Is the seventh leading cause of death."

Before any of us could continue, Bailey came into the room.

"Grey's, how long has your father been having abdominal pain?"

"Abdominal pain?" Meredith questioned.

"It's sounds like abdominal pain. Thatcher Grey is not an easy man to get information from." Bailey replied. Oh, he's here?

"Our father's here? In this hospital?" Lexie asked.

"Yeah, I admitted him an hour ago. You didn't know he was coming?" Bailey replied. That's awkward. They talked a bit more before they left the room and Bailey turned to me. "Hana, you're on my service this week. There's a young man asking for you in room 22."

Huh? Who?

"Who?"

"I haven't even seen his chart yet. Just come with me." She replied. I just shrugged and went to her.

We were walking down the hall when she started explaining the case. "He has a tumor on his kidney but I think we can just take it out."

When we walked into the room, my world stopped. I forgot how to breathe. I couldn't hear anyone talking. It all just sounded muffled.

The man who ruined me laid before me in this hospital bed. All of the pain, the memories, the trauma came rushing back.

Hunter is here. Hunter asked for me.