PUT ME IN, COACH

Owen has a great idea of a softball game fundraiser for the hospital against Seattle Pres

Owen has a great idea of a softball game fundraiser for the hospital against Seattle Pres. Personally, I want nothing to do with it but I don't have a choice.

We're currently on the field practicing. Well, everyone is practicing around us. Meredith, Cristina and I are laying on the ground, staring at the sky and clouds.

"That one looks like an islet cell." Meredith said pointed to a cloud.

"What one?" Cristina asked.

"That one. It's all puffy and insulin producing."

"It looks like a cloud." Was all Cristina replied.

"It looks like an islet cell or maybe a buffalo." I added.

"I have no imagination, guys. Teddy sucked it out of me." Cristina muttered. Teddy doesn't push me like she pushes Cristina. I don't know why. It's kinda why I always stuck to neuro.

"Oh, let's not go there. We're just gonna believe that everything's gonna be okay. We're keeping the faith." Meredith replied. She's been repeating that like a mantra ever since she tried to get Zola back.

"Yeah. She did say that she had something great for me today." Cristina replied and looked at us. "What are you on?"

I sighed. "Well, ever since Meredith has declared herself off of Derek's service indefinitely, I've taken back over."

"Cabbage patch." Meredith replied.

"O.B. still? You gotta get out of those pink scrubs." Cristina huffed.

"Why? Bailey's got me blackballed from every surgery. Besides, it's quiet. I get to work on the trial stuff." Meredith replied.

"I thought Bailey told you to stay away from the trial stuff." I told her.

"I know, but I just can't help it because I feel like I'm this close to-" Meredith started but was cut off when a ball came flying over to us. It almost hit us in the head.

"Hey!" The three of us yelled.

"That coulda hit us." Meredith scolded when Alex came running over for the ball.

I looked over to Meredith to continue the conversation. "I think this is more about avoiding thinking about Zola."

"Did you hear something?" Alex asked her.

"No. We've bugged Janet till she's sick of us, and she doesn't really know anything, so we just have to wait for the court to give us a hearing date and we're just..."

"Keeping the faith." Cristina and I both finished for her.

We sat back and watched everyone else play the game. I watched Jackson run all of the bases.

"Have you ever seen anyone so attractive is hurts?" I let out as I watched him go.

"Yeah. The pitcher." Meredith replied and pointed to Derek. I laughed.