SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE

Derek and Meredith are hosting a party at the house

Derek and Meredith are hosting a party at the house. They're celebrating. Derek is going to be building a house for him and Meredith. Everyone is here. It feels like it's the entire hospital staff.

I was standing with Lexie and talking. "How is it going with Jackson? You tell him you have feelings yet?" She asked me.

Having feelings for someone is not something I take lightly. Especially, in my position. I have been let down by so many people. So many people have left me. I have tried to shove this part of me aside for years. I keep trying to push my feelings for Jackson away and then he smiles at me and they come rushing back. Or he kisses me which makes it worse. I don't know how long I can put them aside for.

"Nope. " I replied and shook my head.

"Florence..." She asked.

"What, Lexie? I don't know what to do." I shrugged.

"Well, he might be plotting something. He won't stop staring at you from across the room." She paused. "I-It's like he's undressing you with his eyes."

I turned around to see him in fact, looking at me. When we made eye contact he smiled and nodded. Basically a way of saying hi. I nodded back.

"Just jump his bones already." Alex says as he approaches us.

"Some of us are not like you. Some of us want to take it slow, Alex." I replied to him. This is a lie. I do want to have sex with Jackson. More than anything, actually.

"Boring." He muttered and turned to Lexie. "Do you wanna go upstairs and make out?"

I hate him.

"I'm leaving now." I let out before walking into the kitchen.

I made myself another martini. It's like my third, I think. Maybe fourth. They all get jumbled up in my head after I've had two.

"You're going in tonight, huh?" Jackson asked from behind me.

I turned around and faced him. "So what if I am?"

"I'll leave you to it. You might just have a wicked hangover tomorrow." He replied with a chuckle.

"That is tomorrow's problem." I replied.

"I will remind you of that tomorrow, then." He said and walked closer to me. "You look..beautiful tonight, Dr. Hana."

"You don't look so bad yourself, Dr. Avery." I said back. He looks literally beautiful but I do not think I will embarrass myself tonight. Even if I am drunk.

"You wanna hear something funny?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Reed is trying to shoot her shot with Sloan." He replied. I chuckled.

"Sloan sleeps with anything that moves so she'll probably be successful." I said back. He nodded.

The rest of the night was filled with martini's and conversations. At least, from what I can remember.