PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ

Things were finally starting to go back to normal

Things were finally starting to go back to normal...or whatever this new normal is. 

Ally came home. It's been a decently smooth transition. Her nursery has been ready for a few months already. Jackson and I took the last week off to get her settled at home. The hardest part of this transition is getting sleep. The only time I have gone to the hospital is to check on Richard, who is stubborn. He is an amazing doctor...but the absolute worst patient. 

Ally is amazing. She's a baby, so she's thrown up on both of us, had a hard time falling asleep and won't always stay asleep, but it is everything I have ever wanted. Jackson is doing amazing, too. We haven't really had wedding talk because of everything. Meredith and Cristina come over if Jackson and I need a break. 

I think what helped this transition a lot is how often Jackson and I saw Ally in the NICU. Even though she's so little, she still knows who is around her. Because of that, there was not a lot of fussing. 

Jackson and I went back to work a few days ago because the hospital needed us. Luckily, there is a wonderful daycare right in the hospital that made it easy for us to see Ally in between patients. 

Funds are also pretty low, so Jackson and Owen had the idea of a fundraising gala. Basically, we sweet talk people with a lot of money into giving us checks. For me though, it is a little different because I am in two specialties. Whatever I get tonight will be split between neuro and cardio. 

Jackson and I were finishing getting ready. He wore a suit and I wore a black lacey dress. I was doing the finishing touches on my makeup when he snaked his arms around my waist. "You look amazing, my love." He whispered in my ears. He uses a tone of voice that can make my knees buckle. 

"Says you." I replied and looked at him through the mirror. 

He started kissing my cheek and made his way down to my neck. I was about to be a goner. I didn't even realize I let out a moan. 

Sex has been....limited since Ally came home. It's been hard to find time for it. I miss it so much. I miss him in that way. 

He pulled away and I whined. 

"Someone's needy tonight." He chuckled. 

"Fuck off." 

"We're gonna be late. Come on." He spoke and reached out for my hand.

I just nodded and went with him. We grabbed Ally and got her situated in the car. We're dropping her off at the hospital to hang out with Catherine for the night. She likes her 'grandma' time. 

Jackson went ahead to the venue which is right by the hospital while I went to drop off Ally. While I was there, I went to check in with Bailey on Richard's latest. He is refusing certain help. He's given Meredith hell because she thought he made her his proxy because he considered her family, but he says it's because she can be practical. I don't believe that. I think he's just too proud. He has not been easy for me, either. Giving me attitude and refusing treatment.