ALMOST GROWN

Webber joined us in the lounge to talk to all of the residents

Webber joined us in the lounge to talk to all of the residents. "I have great faith in you. I can because I chose you, I trained you. I've watched you work. I know what you can do. That's why today is different. The training wheels are coming off, people. You will be trading in the scrubs you're wearing for navy scrubs."

No way...

"Navy scrubs?" Meredith questioned.

"You are attendings today. Run the cases, take point, but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then....congratulations. You've just been promoted."

We're attendings for the day. I have never been more happy to show up to work this morning. I stared at the navy scrubs in my lap. I feel like I have been waiting for this moment since the day I started to med school.

Jackson came over to me and patted my shoulder. I looked up to him and smiled. It's the simple gestures he does that makes my heart melt.

I looked over to Cristina who was just staring at the scrubs in her hands. She looked like she had seen a ghost. She is terrified.

"The attendings aren't going anywhere. We're basically just playing dress-up." I told her to make her feel a little more at ease.

She nodded and just muttered, "Yeah." She didn't believe me. I could tell. It's one of those things where she has to realize it on her own. Until then, she has a strong support system. She has me and Mer and Owen.

I changed into my new scrubs and walked out into the hallway to see Jackson in his. We smiled at each other as we walked closer.

"Look at you!" He exclaimed.

"Look at you." I repeated but to him.

"Are you ready for today?" He asked me. I nodded eagerly.

"I'm on Shepherd's service. Well, technically he's on mine." I replied.

"Ours. I am also on Shep's service." He replied. Oh, this will be interesting.

I looked at him excitedly. "Really?"

"Yeah." He paused and thought for a moment. "Are you okay with that? I think it's out first time working together on a surgery since he was the patient. I don't want that to bring up any unwanted memories."

I did not even think about that. Since it's him, I'll be fine. He was my anchor throughout that whole surgery. "Don't be silly. I'm happy to work with you." I smiled.

He smiled and placed his hands on both of my arms. "Let's get going."

I nodded and we walked to the patient's room where Shepherd was waiting. We went in together and started explaining the procedure to the patient and her sister.

"Ms. Radigan, you're still having these headaches and ringing in your ears?" Jackson asked.

"All day long. It's driving me crazy." She replied.