MIGRATION

The celebration after passing the boards was even better than finding out I passed the boards

The celebration after passing the boards was even better than finding out I passed the boards. The only downside was I couldn't drink, being pregnant and all. Jackson told me he wasn't going to drink either. I told him that is not necessary, but he insisted.

Nonetheless, I know how to have fun while being sober.

We all gathered at Meredith's house, played some music and had a blast. We needed this after all we've been through trying to study and manage being a resident. It has not been an easy task, but it's over.

Mer, Cristina and I were dancing on the couch.

"We passed our boards!" Mer shouted.

"We killed the boards!" Cristina added.

"We fucking did it!" I exclaimed. I do not know how I survived the boards. I mean, two topics? Am I suicidal?

I was surprised when April joined us on the couch and started dancing with us. She's wasted. I have never seen her wasted. I didn't question it. We all just danced with her. She's not going to admit what failing her boards means to her.

The party died down eventually and Jackson and I went home. We dropped Cristina off to her place first before going home ourselves.

When we laid in bed, silence filled the air. It was a comfortable silence. For once, my mind wasn't going a mile a minute.

Well, that's a lie.

"I talked to Arizona. We have to stop in and see her in the morning to see how far along I am. Make sure everything is okay to start." I spoke.

"Okay." He replied and kissed my forehead. "We passed our boards, Flor. We did it."

"We did it." I smiled and nuzzled into his chest.

At the hospital in the morning, we met Arizona in an exam room. She set everything up and was waiting for us. When I told her over the phone, she was ecstatic.

"Okay, let's see what this little bean is up to." She smiled.

She put the cool gel along my stomach and held up the wand. Right away, she pointed out the baby.

"There it is." She smiled and pointed on the screen. Jackson and I smiled at each other.

I can't believe this is happening. I passed my boards and I'm pregnant.

"And you're about 7 weeks along." She added. I'm that far?

"7 already? How did I not notice?" I questioned.

"My guess is you've been so busy preparing for the boards, you didn't realize the changes in your body." She replied.

She finished up with us and left us in the room so we could talk.